News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Key West Group Ride -- Postponed

Started by Chitza, November 28, 2017, 07:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chitza

Hey Chuck&Susan! I think it's time to create a definite "planned ride" thread. I'm planning to meet you guys mid day on Saturday. Let's get that first day time frame and meet location set and post it up. I think we can just move the charts you did over there once we get the start times/locations set.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Chuck & Susan

For day 1) The trip from Birmingham south will be longer than our run east. If you can figure about what time you think you will be leaving your manatee visit, we can adjust our departure time and route to meet you. Maybe at Savannah's Country Buffet (if at or around lunch time) just west of the Wakulla Wma. Take you time and enjoy but if the timing don't work we can meet at the motel. I'm still thinking the Good Times Motel and Marina. But that can change if needed. So really just let us know your approximate times for day one and we can adjust you meet you. BUT YES IT'S ON!!!! We are going to Key West and this should be an Event. Would be good to have more tag along for a bigger event.... 

Chuck & Susan
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Chuck & Susan

Chitza, Take a look at this route. It is really close to your original route and has motel near Chiefland and day 2 has the Skyway bridge you wanted to cross. I was just playing with maps.... Let me know what yall think.

https://goo.gl/maps/WhE9Jy9sXpA2

Chuck
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Chuck & Susan

Okay....we have made resevations at the Fairfield Inn in Florida City for Sunday evening.  We have reservations in Key West for Monday and Tuesday at the Casablanca Hotel. 

Now we just need to get our hotel settled for the first night.  Chizta..where do you want to stay?  Chuck said something about the Suwannee Gables Motel (on the way and on the water).  Or the Good Times Marina?  Let us know which you prefer

We are getting exciting about this trip and getting ready to go!!!

Chuck & Susan
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Chitza

Can you forward me the address for the hotels where you have reservations? I'll get our rooms reserved for the same places. As for the first night, I'll let you guys make the call. The Good Times Marina is a friend of Johnny's but if it's not far enough along the route we can stay there another time.

I am going to hold off on the manatee visit so we should arrive around Tallahassee around noon-ish. We can plan to meet west of the city. There is a really nice rest area. I'll find the mile marker and post it up.

Chuck & Susan

We used Booking.com for our reservations: 

Fairway Inn Florida City, 100 Southeast 1st Avenue, Florida City, FL 33034, United States of America

The Casablance Hotel, Key West, 904 Duval Street, Key West, FL 33040, United States of America

Sounds like a plan coming together. 

Susan & Chuck
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

catang5oh

Do it, it's a great trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chuck & Susan

I believe that Hwy 1 sign ^ is destined to have one more sticker applied.... "Motorcycle Alabama" needs to be added....
I'll see about taking care of that when we get there!!!

Chuck
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Nice Goat

So this is now a "Planned Ride", correct? 
Can't wait to see y'all's photos and hear your impressions!
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Chuck & Susan

Susan and I are excited about going!!!
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

jrobinson

I re-posted my trip to the Keys from 2008, but didn't add the link here. Just added    http://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?topic=2429.0

Glenn's trip to the Keys and it was on Sandy's 50th birthday.   http://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?topic=929.0

Chuck & Susan

Time is getting closer.  Who is getting ready for this ride?  Chuck & I are!!!!

Susan

:) ;D
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Chitza

Chitza

We are 10 days out from this ride!! Anyone else thinking of joining? If not, we will be posting pics to make you all jealous  ;D

Chuck & Susan

Anyone interested in joining us, we will be leaving our house in South Alabama at 8 am on the 24th.  The plan is to meet with Chitza and company at the I-10 East bound rest area around noon. 

Can't wait........

Chuck & Susan
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066