News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Thursday(?) Night GP8 2018 planning thread.

Started by springer, January 10, 2018, 12:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

springer

I am thinking about starting this back up in March, April, May,(ish).  ;)

Right now I am back on a rotating shift so it will not be a every Thursday deal (for me) but on the weeks that it will not be Thursday, it can be another day. It also doesn't have to be the same place every time. Most of the time, the ones I will put on, will be in the Birmingham/Jefferson County area(the parking lot in Hoover we used last year still looks doable)...but it can travel some.(or a lot) As soon as work puts out a work scheduled calendar, I will post the days I can put it on...of course if others are willing, they are more than welcome to put one on too.  :) 

Only a few things are really needed to have one. They are;
1. A mostly level parking lot in decent shape(important) with lights that come on when it gets dark. It also needs to be "not in use". An abandon/closed shopping mall/store(s) type of place is good (depending on how cool the police are of course). A motorcycle shop that close's around 5:30, has a good size parking lot (about a 20 parking space lot or bigger is cool), and with management that see's the value in motorcycling practice/training is ideal. ;)
We have the cones, so that's covered.  ;D

Any-who, that is what I think/\ and I would like to hear what y'all think too.  ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

springer

Oh and one more thing...a "dirt" GP8 gymkhana thing during the day could be fun.  :D
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

bblass

I could really use a dirt gymkhana. Especially if we incorporated some things like log crossings and boulders.
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

kylepeterson

sounds good to me, proximity to after beers and salsa is a huge plus !
just give 'er the berries !