News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

** SOLD** 2012 Yamaha WR450F DS

Started by custmmc, January 11, 2018, 03:02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

custmmc

This is a really great dual sport in my opinion.  It putts around trails and roads at a comfortable easy pace, but rips when desired.

Converted to street legal with Alabama title and tag.

I am second owner and it probably has less than 700 miles. I think he did two event, and my first event was LBL200 last year.  I originally purchased this bike with the intention of using it at Broxton Bridge DS, and I will be taking it to Broxton Bridge event and have it for sale this weekend.  It will be there and ready to ride at the Rooster Run...check events thread for more information.

I added Seat Concepts, IMS tank, rear luggage rack, chain slider, and some other items.  The original owner adjustable lowering link, ROX handlebar risers, GYTR module, and did all of the standard upgrades for the WR.

(Wolfman tankbag not included)

custmmc

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

springer

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Mulley

Quote from: Nice Goat on January 11, 2018, 06:43:15 AM
Oh my...
Quote from: springer on January 11, 2018, 06:45:36 AM
You got that right... ???
Yes you do.

Do is it have an hour meter?

This would be a nice upgrade for my old DRZ.   :-\
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

gulfcoaster

Holy crap, the hooliganism that could be had. I hope someone on MC-AL with a GoPro picks this up. Just saying...

GLWS, if I had the available funds this bike would be seeing some LA/FL dirt and sand.

kylepeterson

those things go like heck!

drz feels it's missing a cylinder after riding one!
just give 'er the berries !

custmmc

Busy weekend with no cell phone service.

Bike is SOLD. Already picked up and on its way to new home in Bham.

Mulley

Quote from: custmmc on January 14, 2018, 08:51:29 PM
Busy weekend with no cell phone service.

Bike is SOLD. Already picked up and on its way to new home in Bham.
Anybody we know? Did you invite them to the forum?

Somebody got a nice bike. I was seriously thinking about how can get funds to buy this.

custmmc

He is a member on Advrider and we talked about this site.  We have a lot in common and plan to stay in touch.

He just sent me a txt and I sent him a link to this site.

And...I recommend the Yamaha WR as a dual sport bike.  My first WR conversion was a 1998 WR400...this one was slightly better... :D.

I have serious seller remorse  :'(, but thankfully the bike stayed local...And hopefully we all have someone new to join us for rides.

Rokitt

Greetings,
I'm the old guy that bought the WR

Remember me Mulley ??

I've been away from the dirt for quite awhile. I think I'm gonna try Minooka Saturday. 8)

Mulley

Quote from: Rokitt on January 16, 2018, 11:33:36 AM
Greetings,
I'm the old guy that bought the WR

Remember me Mulley ??

I've been away from the dirt for quite awhile. I think I'm gonna try Minooka Saturday. 8)
Man you scored a nice ride. This post got me thinking about how this is a very good way to replace/upgrade my DRZ without getting a budget busting KTM 500.

If you decide to sell it and go another route let me know.

SpeedyR

Tim do you still have the Super Enduro or did you sell it already??

that WR is a nice DS bike! I agree Mulley, I keep looking at the TE150's for a dirt bike, but a good mid size DS might be in the running as well...

welcome aboard tim!

Rokitt

Quote from: SpeedyR on January 16, 2018, 08:11:29 PM
Tim do you still have the Super Enduro or did you sell it already??

that WR is a nice DS bike! I agree Mulley, I keep looking at the TE150's for a dirt bike, but a good mid size DS might be in the running as well...

welcome aboard tim!

Thanks Jeff,
yes the SE is gone :(
This is my first non orange bike in a very long time. I'm ready to get it dirty.