News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Route Planning - Where to ride.

Started by ThumperTriple, September 12, 2015, 09:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThumperTriple

A space to share discoveries. I'm down in Auburn, but post up anywhere. Links to maps are great.

I've had a little success scouring Google Maps satellite view, but that is a patience tester.

Tuskeegee National Forest: Wide dirt roads, very mild hills, at least fun for practice standing up and picking up the speed. No legal single track or Jeep trails.

AC Outdoor Park, near Phenix City: Lots of Jeep oriented trails, with avoidable mud, a fun little "mini-MX" and larger MX style loop to ride on, which is surprisingly fun on a DS. The water crossing is great fun. No single track trails that I've stumbled across. Good wash rack to spray off before you leave. $15/day.

Gam

Quote from: ThumperTriple on September 12, 2015, 09:01:15 AM
A space to share discoveries. I'm down in Auburn, but post up anywhere. Links to maps are great.

I've had a little success scouring Google Maps satellite view, but that is a patience tester.

Tuskeegee National Forest: Wide dirt roads, very mild hills, at least fun for practice standing up and picking up the speed. No legal single track or Jeep trails.

AC Outdoor Park, near Phenix City: Lots of Jeep oriented trails, with avoidable mud, a fun little "mini-MX" and larger MX style loop to ride on, which is surprisingly fun on a DS. The water crossing is great fun. No single track trails that I've stumbled across. Good wash rack to spray off before you leave. $15/day.

I might be camping in Tuskeegee NF Friday night, just according to progress, hope to make it further south and camp at Blue Springs State Park. I'm not sure where you start to hit the "sand zone" which slows me down on the KLR a lot.

ThumperTriple

Are you  riding off road a lot on the way down? Please share if you  have any good finds in the area. 

Chambers County seems to have  a lot of dirt roads,  I'm  hoping  to explore up there tomorrow. 

Gam

Yeah riding maximum dirt, You have a lot of dirt roads down there, We rode from Wedowee to south of Ariton, Al this weekend,the marjority of it dirt roads, you are happy for some pavement when you hit it.  I have to make some changes on the route, there were a couple of roads which are no longer public.

ThumperTriple

Did you plan the route yourself or draw on anyone else?

bartab

Don't listen to him TT, he's just an addle minded old man. I have it on good authority this route, his choice of riding partners as well as his navigational skills suck. Just humor him and he'll go away.  :o