News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Show us where you went dual sport riding today

Started by jrou111, September 26, 2015, 08:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danimal

Spent a little time at the Playground with some really cool guys yesterday.

jrou111

Yesterday, I met up with Fencejumper09 around 2:30, we rode a little out at the Shire. Then we met up with Kyle downtown and had some fun. Somehow we didn't get pulled over.  :o

From the daytime...

Jwwr

Got out in Fayette/Lamar counties again.

Found some nice views. There was a four wheeler trail going down a fire lane right behind the bike.  Might check that out after hunting season.

Speaking of hunting. With emphasis!

All the good curves are on dirt roads around here. I'm learning to embrace the KTM's ability to step the rear out with only a little throttle. My WRR doesn't do that!

I'll take a quart an a half of the good stuff!

Not many of these left! Get em while you can! 

jrou111

jrou111

jrou111

That was all from yesterday (Tues, Dec 29th). Muss and I rode over 14 hours and 233 miles. About 160-170 of those miles were off road. The weather was PERFECT! Sunny with a high of 68 and a low of 58.

Today, we weren't so lucky...it rained. Sometimes a little. Sometimes a lot. We still had fun though...

jrou111

I was wrong. Turned out that we rode a total of 287 miles on Tuesday. Of that, 168 miles were off road and 119 miles were paved. Total elapsed time was 15:07, moving time was 11:13, and we spent 3:54 stopped. The average moving speed was 26mph, and our elevations ranged from 776ft all the way up to 5357ft.

Muss conquering the mud hole...

Trail 82 was pretty muddy, so I just made a quick run down part of it...

Wednesday was not quite as fun with the rain, but thankfully the worst of it was on the way back from Turtletown to Ellijay. I wound up getting a flat in the rear just 1 mi away from the truck, so we just brought the truck back, loaded up in the rain and headed back to AL.

All in all, a good 2 days to ride  8)

Ryanbroome

I went through Pinson yesterday on the old rr track bed. The same exact sections are still open and being used from 20 years ago. I used to ride my xr200 down the tracks back in the mid 90's and much to my amazement it looks exactly the same. It brought back some good memories.

Jwwr

Beaver Creek Road in Marion County. I like this road. It's different every time I ride it. Last time I barely checked up crossing this. All the rain lately has made this more interesting! Thanks to who ever marked the right side, you don't want to cross there!

The left side had a nice gravel bottom.

In Lamar County now. This road just makes a loop. I ride it for this one curve.

Saw lots of places where the county had to replace culverts, that were washed out. This was deeper than it looks.

Wayside road in Fayette County. The loggers have created a nice view, but they have already replanted pines so it won't last long.

klaviator

After being stuck inside for most of what was one of the most beautiful days of the year so far,  I managed to get out and ride a loop through the Wheeler Wildlife Refuge just as the sun was going down.  The gates are now re-opened so no need to back track. :)

Buzz

2smoke

Joe Shimano

Great day.

KevinB

Did some dual-sport/sport-touring today in Clay County.

Miles of nothing at all, then civilization...sorta.

Joe Shimano