Main Menu

Show us where you went dual sport riding today

Started by jrou111, September 26, 2015, 08:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jwwr

DonJuan

Quote from: Jwwr on January 06, 2019, 06:32:22 PM
Chasing the tag in Hamilton.

JWWR, You post up some nice dual sport rides over in West Alabama. Those roads are perfect for a KLR...

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

norton73

Quote from: dhaynes on January 15, 2019, 06:46:40 AM
Riding at Skyline a few weeks ago https://www.facebook.com/david.haynes.127/videos/vb.100002186184290/2018377651578421/?type=3

Looked like a easy fun place to get Lynn out on her xt225 until you got to the muddy uphill. Maybe I can get out there to explore later in the spring.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

jrou111

Stay frosty, my friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klaviator

DonJuan

In my neighborhood, just a few sights to see.

And one dirt nap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

jrou111

klaviator

BamaPhill

Enjoyed the beautiful weather this past Saturday riding around Cullman and Winston Counties with @BKStewart looking for abandoned bridges. 

2013 DR650
2015 CRF250L

Gam

Camped on Horn Mountain Saturday. It was cold getting there, but not too bad that afternoon

Great sunset, but soon as the sun went down the wind started to roar and the temps dropped, a couple of times it felt like my tent was going to lift off the ground and blow me to Sylacauga.

We didn't come out of our tents until around 10:00, the rain had stopped and the clouds lifted, but the wind was still howling.  Glad to get off that mountain.

Spent Sunday night at Pine Glen, no one else was there.

BamaPhill

Checking out sections of the Wheeler NWR that are only open 2 weeks in February and 2 weeks in October.  The sections I traveled were from Bluff City Road gate to Charest Road gate, then Madden Branch (off Charest Road) and lastly Tally Bottoms Road (off Sharp Ford).  Nothing particularly exciting, just haven't had a chance to ride theses areas since the gates are rarely opened. 

Bluff City Road Gate to Charest Road gate entrance

Interesting area with large rocks on top of the ground with wild ferns growing out of them.

Heading back out Bluff City Road Gate

2013 DR650
2015 CRF250L

Jwwr

I like that section! I have only ridden it one time. I didn't know there was a schedule for it being open. I need to ride it before it closes. I think I saw you crossing 67 I wondered where you were going!  :D

klaviator

BamaPhill

Quote from: Jwwr on February 16, 2019, 06:53:19 PM

I like that section! I have only ridden it one time. I didn't know there was a schedule for it being open. I need to ride it before it closes. I think I saw you crossing 67 I wondered where you were going!  :D

Probably was me. I live on the South side of Hwy 67 on Bethel so I have to cross 67 to get to Wheeler refuge.  Wish they would keep those gates open longer.   :(
2013 DR650
2015 CRF250L