News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Talladega Dirt Skyway - Sunday, Mar. 4th

Started by Nice Goat, February 27, 2018, 04:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Fencejumper09

I could see the smoke from I-20 and was hoping Kyle's DRZ didn't burn down the forest when he had to lay 'er down!!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

kylepeterson

I just want to point out a couple of things....

That's Kevin's totally skint rear tire, not mine. Take a long long look folks, this is an anomaly in our universe. Normally a Kevin machine has tits on it, and if there aren't tits it's because it's on a machine about to have tits installed.

We trailed a Suzuki samurai for a good two miles with the driver toking hard, and Kevin was like "meh, my bike feels a little off, or there's a fire nearby, or whatever".  Meh?  he's slipping!

But...

Park him in front of your average American strip mall, and he'll have you signing a multi decade close ended commercial lease before you realize you don't know what an anchor store, zero maintenance agreement, or something about free lunch for life clause really means. He's gonna snooker you at real estate!

Glenn is going to sucker one of you Colorado schmuvks into lifting the rear of his bike just so- to slosh the last 2.3 ounces to the pickup side of his tank.  Not because he needs it, but because you don't believe it's enough to completely finish the days ride AND load it on the trailer. You'll be wrong and your back will hurt, but it's OK. You won't realize it until you wake up the next day.

At one point on the way back we were behind a small sedan that was going just fast enough to blow dusty everywhere. I slowed way down to avoid the clouds (no marry j this time) and feel into a third gear cruise and just looked around. I didn't realize how much pleasure I was having until Kevin and Glenn pulled over and gave me that "hey, you OK? " look. Guess I forgot how much fun it was to plod along and look around.

Also, I'm gonna give the drz some more attention this summer. It's a great platform for dicking off.

There's something about that bike. Every time I think it's time to lay it down gentle and shoot it.... It looks like there might be another three miles on the rear tire.... And well... That would just be a shame to bury prematurely.

just give 'er the berries !

kylepeterson

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on March 05, 2018, 02:37:53 PM
I could see the smoke from I-20 and was hoping Kyle's DRZ didn't burn down the forest when he had to lay 'er down!!

It sounds better now. Might have been the skid plate that was hold on by one bolt instead of the piston clattering  after all.

I think I smell a certain 690' s fender drooping with envy, and it's revenge plotting against us for neglecting to take her places anymore.
just give 'er the berries !

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

KevinB

Ranger station pit stop...

"The dual-sporter is the master of all he surveys..."

TC

Do you have your route planned for CO this summer?  I know some good dual-sport dirt/gravel roads around Colorado Springs, Telluride,  Crested Butte and between Canon City and Cripple Creek. Let me know if you need any info about them.

Nice Goat

Quote from: TC on March 12, 2018, 06:06:37 AM
Do you have your route planned for CO this summer?  I know some good dual-sport dirt/gravel roads around Colorado Springs, Telluride,  Crested Butte and between Canon City and Cripple Creek. Let me know if you need any info about them.

Thank you, but there are several of us in the group going who have been before.  We also have several good books on off-road riding in the state, such as this one...

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."