News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Shell casings

Started by springer, March 03, 2018, 10:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

springer

Have a bag of brass, 9mm + .380, sized and de-primed. Was going to get back into reloading but that has changed.

Free to good home.  ;)

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Hammerdown77

You mixed .380 with 9mm??

That kinda thing's likely to get a man kilt around these parts...
2016 BMW R1200 GS
2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

springer

Quote from: Hammerdown77 on March 03, 2018, 11:27:10 AM
You mixed .380 with 9mm??

That kinda thing's likely to get a man kilt around these parts...
Well if someone is that careless and inattentive, reloading is not something they need to do.  ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

DonJuan

Quote from: springer on March 03, 2018, 10:46:28 AM
Have a bag of brass, 9mm + .380, sized and de-primed. Was going to get back into reloading but that has changed.

Free to good home.  ;)

Ill take it. Gives me a good reason to buy a 9 and a 380.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

Hammerdown77

380 cases in my range brass pick-up 9mm is the devil's work. If you've ever run a progressive press, or even something like a Dillon 550B, you'll understand. It looks enough like 9mm that it will get loaded into the shell carrier, and then it will shut the works down. God help you if you actually primed it before you realized it was in there...

Equally evil are small-primer pocket 45 ACP cases. Those are just un-American.
2016 BMW R1200 GS
2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

springer

Quote from: DonJuan on March 03, 2018, 08:09:25 PM
Ill take it. Gives me a good reason to buy a 9 and a 380.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
They are yours! I am late coming back tonight from a get-together so I will not make the Talladega. Can meet you tomorrow, morning or afternoon if you want.   

springer

Sending you a PM with my number.

Chitza

Quote from: springer on March 03, 2018, 11:27:48 PM
I am late coming back tonight from a get-together so I will not make the Talladega. Can meet you tomorrow, morning or afternoon if you want.   

Blaming your absence on being late??? I happen to know there was Fireball involved  8)
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

springer

Quote from: Chitza on March 04, 2018, 09:43:06 AM

Blaming your absence on being late??? I happen to know there was Fireball involved  8)
Just 1...that's all...I swear before God officer.  :D

It wasn't the shot that did me in, it was the time I got home...and the unfortunate fact I'm getting...well getting into that O world...old.  :(
When I left y'all I said I was taking the long way home. Got home around 1:30am...BTW, heated gear is the ace of spades.  ;)

springer

Yep, they are free too.  :D First come, first served.

SpeedyR

I reload but have a decent amount of 380 and 9mm.

If you have mixed brass you need to buy the three brass sorting trays. Ones black, one yellow and one is blue. Each sorts out specific calibers. There's also a metal plate you can buy that sorts 380 and 9mm. It's a godsend for range brass. Midway and other places sell it.

If anyone has any odd caliber brass I might be interested.

218 Bee
22 hornet
6.8spc
348 win
35 rem
357 mag
44mag
Maybe some 30/30 and 30-06?

springer

Quote from: SpeedyR on March 06, 2018, 07:50:14 PM
I reload but have a decent amount of 380 and 9mm.

If you have mixed brass you need to buy the three brass sorting trays. Ones black, one yellow and one is blue. Each sorts out specific calibers. There's also a metal plate you can buy that sorts 380 and 9mm. It's a godsend for range brass. Midway and other places sell it.

If anyone has any odd caliber brass I might be interested.

218 Bee
22 hornet
6.8spc
348 win
35 rem
357 mag
44mag
Maybe some 30/30 and 30-06?
I think I have a big ol' bag of .357 around here somewhere...of course there might be some .38 mixed in.

Like I said, I was heavily into reloading in the 80's. Competed in the State and regional bowling pin shoots n stuff. I remember those trays...had them back then. I even cast my own bullets from wheel weights.  Them with just a tad of tin added made a hard bullet.

Heck, I remember when Progressive Press's came out.  :D Before that it was just single stage stuff. Like my old RockChucker.

2372ighost

2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

SpeedyR

Quote from: springer on March 06, 2018, 08:07:14 PM
I think I have a big ol' bag of .357 around here somewhere...of course there might be some .38 mixed in.

Like I said, I was heavily into reloading in the 80's. Competed in the State and regional bowling pin shoots n stuff. I remember those trays...had them back then. I even cast my own bullets from wheel weights.  Them with just a tad of tin added made a hard bullet.

Heck, I remember when Progressive Press's came out.  :D Before that it was just single stage stuff. Like my old RockChucker.

Let me know what you have left. If you have any molds im just getting it to casting.

And yes my rock crusher is about 45 years old. Do most things on a Dillon now but won't ever give up my green press.

springer

Quote from: SpeedyR on March 07, 2018, 06:54:42 AM
Let me know what you have left. If you have any molds im just getting it to casting.

And yes my rock crusher is about 45 years old. Do most things on a Dillon now but won't ever give up my green press.
Nothing unfortunately. Had to sell it all when I went through divorce in 1990.