News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

KLR turn signal stalk delete

Started by Gam, March 10, 2018, 03:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gam

Since you can't just buy KLR turn signal stalks, you have to buy the whole signal assembly, I looked for alternatives. This is not as cheap as duct tape, and you could probably fashion something similar, but I decided to splurge and spend 25 bucks for the KLR 650 Turn Signal Stalk Delete KIt,

This is for all four turn signals.

So you take the stalk and other crap off and this piece snaps into the housing. The other raised edge is supposed to snap into the cowling. That raised edged that was supposed to snap into the cowling didn't, I had to dremel a tiny bit off the corners to make it fit. They might go in for someone with more nerve than me, but I pushed until I got concerned about the cowling giving way first.

but just a couple of knocks with a file or something works.

Front signals installed,  you can see the other piece which goes inside the cowling,  taking the place of the factory mount.

Signals are tucked in. I suppose the downside is that there is no flex in these things, your cowling might break before the signal if you manage to smack one.

alabamatoy

Why not spend about the same, and get the LED turn signals that have a short rubber stalk?  Brighter, flexible...  Cycle gear has these for about the same $25.  I put them on my XR650, and I have laid it down several times and these little signals are still working.

Gam

I'll remember that if these break.