News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Motorcycle tire changing video

Started by SpeedyR, February 26, 2018, 08:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedyR

figured I posted it on Facebook, may as well post it here. I changed the rear tire on my 950 Friday, and shot some video in the process. Hence here is a simple video to show you some steps to change your motocross tires using simple tools. Some tips to make things easier installing the valve stem, where to put the valve stem lock nut, etc.

yamahamer

Nice tip on the valve stem, that's the hardest part with tubes.

Gam

That No Mar tire lube paste is good stuff.

Mulley

Thanks for sharing this.

I really want one of those stands now.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

kylepeterson

I can't find my old apron, so I'll be buying a new one on amazon today. The valve stem tip is probably one of the best tips I've seen in years. Thanks Jeff !
just give 'er the berries !

Fencejumper09

Cheers for the valve stem trick! I picked up a similar stand of Craigslist for $40 bucks!

Way better than breaking my back over a bucket!!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

SpeedyR

I may re-do the video one of these days and actually make it a bit more "professional". Mainly have someone there that can zoom in and show what Im doing so you can see it a bit closer vs just having me talk about it. The valve stem is always one of the hardest things for people that don't do it often.

there are a couple of ways to do it, but since I know this way, and it works for me, that's how I do it. Other ways may save you a minute or two but i'm not usually in that big of a rush.

The Mikes Racing Products stands are awesome and the original. There are lots of copies out there, but it's solid. I actually have my picture on his website, but you can't see my face. probably a good thing.  :D

kylepeterson

Jeff it's pretty obvious when a person can talk through a tire change that easily... That they don't need to redo it.

Of course if you want to, with closeups and everything, I'm all for it !
just give 'er the berries !

Mulley

Well I did it. I ordered a Mike's Racing Products (MRP) tire changing stand in black finish. It's not cheap but my back will thank me for it in the long run.

http://www.mikesracingproducts.com/default.htm

2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

DonJuan

Quote from: SpeedyR on February 26, 2018, 08:59:29 PM
figured I posted it on Facebook, may as well post it here. I changed the rear tire on my 950 Friday, and shot some video in the process. Hence here is a simple video to show you some steps to change your motocross tires using simple tools. Some tips to make things easier installing the valve stem, where to put the valve stem lock nut, etc.

Great info. You made that last 1/4 circumference look too easy.  Not one sentence enhancer ($#!+!!!!) used in the entire 18 minutes. The valve stem nut makes perfect sense;  I've never considered that before.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

SpeedyR

Next time I come over there or we get together for a ride I'll bring my stand and do a little demo if that would help. I know I'm in atlanta but if anyone is passing thru let me know I'd be glad to let them use my tools and show them how to do it in person.