News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Looking for a Givi Trunk

Started by Campbell92, March 17, 2018, 02:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Campbell92

I am on a mission and on a budget. I doubled down and saved up to buy a givi set up for my Versys. I bought the side bags but held off on buying the rear trunk. Part of this is because I have no idea what I want. Wanted to hear some experience. I am needing something that will be a comfortable option for a passenger (my gf finally wants to ride!!!) and possibly hold a helmet but not be too awkward sized. Yes I know I work at a motorcycle shop. Everyone has their opinions. Just looking for some more input from people that ride with a passenger.

klaviator

Any tail trunk will work as a backrest and provide some security for your passenger.  You can add a backrest to the tail trunk but I haven't done that since my wife always wears a Riding jacket with a back pad installed.

In my opinion the GIVI 33L tail trunk is about the right size for the Versys.

speedfire

Quote from: klaviator on March 17, 2018, 03:07:33 PM
Any tail trunk will work as a backrest and provide some security for your passenger.  You can add a backrest to the tail trunk but I haven't done that since my wife always wears a Riding jacket with a back pad installed.

In my opinion the GIVI 33L tail trunk is about the right size for the Versys.

I have a GIVI E340 (34 L) topbox for sale, like-new condition. I had it on my 09 Versys. It holds a full face helmet.$50

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

klaviator

^^^ Now that's a great deal! 

jrobinson

Campbell92

Quote from: speedfire on March 17, 2018, 03:40:13 PM
I have a GIVI E340 (34 L) topbox for sale, like-new condition. I had it on my 09 Versys. It holds a full face helmet.$50

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hey I will take it! Message me so we can meet up.