News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Skyway ride - April 1st

Started by rmcelroy, March 31, 2018, 08:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmcelroy

I would like to go stretch my legs and have a leisurely ride down the dirty Skyway.  I wanted to see if anyone had any interest in joining...  I was thinking about meeting around 9am @ Edgars in the Colonnade, taking 25, across the dam into Tally, then over to Cheaha by way of the pig trail, Skyway down to Sylacauga, then 280 back into town.

If you are interested, lemme know...

LT

Quote from: rmcelroy on March 31, 2018, 08:01:57 AM
I would like to go stretch my legs and have a leisurely ride down the dirty Skyway.  I wanted to see if anyone had any interest in joining...  I was thinking about meeting around 9am @ Edgars in the Colonnade, taking 25, across the dam into Tally, then over to Cheaha by way of the pig trail, Skyway down to Sylacauga, then 280 back into town.

If you are interested, lemme know...

Is the "dirty" section big bike friendly? (Vstrom 650)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

rmcelroy

big bike, yes.  I am on a KTM 690 enduro.  I've been with groups of guys on BMW 1200 GS adventure bikes... 

however, not so sure I would want to take a sport touring v-strom.  there are sections that are pretty rocky.  and one giant mud pit to contend with.

LT

Quote from: rmcelroy on March 31, 2018, 08:24:04 AM
big bike, yes.  I am on a KTM 690 enduro.  I've been with groups of guys on BMW 1200 GS adventure bikes... 

however, not so sure I would want to take a sport touring v-strom.  there are sections that are pretty rocky.  and one giant mud pit to contend with.
Its an XT with skid plate. What could go wrong???

rmcelroy

oh, in that case... let's do it.   :)

LT

Quote from: rmcelroy on March 31, 2018, 08:32:19 AM
oh, in that case... let's do it.   :)
Okay as if now Im planning on it.

rmcelroy

so, see you tomorrow?    ;)

anyone else?

Nice Goat