News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Itty Bitty Group Ride

Started by klaviator, April 14, 2018, 10:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

We've been talking about this for years and it still hasn't happened so I'm starting the planning now.  This is for those of you with tiny bikes.  I'm talking Grom, Z125, small scooter, etc. 

What I'm talking about is getting together a few of us with tiny bikes and doing a ride.

My preference would be to head somewhere interesting like Suches, Ga or Deal's Gap and spend a weekend riding our tiny bikes on some fun roads.  I'd also be up for a day ride somewhere in Alabama.

Anyone else interested in a weekend of riding tiny bikes?  Some possible weekends for me would be 11-13 May or Memorial Day weekend, 25-28 May.

Or if you prefer a day ride make a suggestion.

Chitza

Glenn's Dirt Devil Ride is Memorial Day weekend.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

yamahamer

Quote from: Chitza on April 14, 2018, 11:12:58 AM
Glenn's Dirt Devil Ride is Memorial Day weekend.

Glen moved it to the 8th of June.

springer

Good luck on heading to the mountains on Memorial Day. 2 places everyone in the south goes to on Memorial Day are the beaches along the Gulf Coast and The Smokey Mountains.   ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

klaviator

Quote from: springer on April 14, 2018, 12:53:05 PM
Good luck on heading to the mountains on Memorial Day. 2 places everyone in the south goes to on Memorial Day are the beaches along the Gulf Coast and The Smokey Mountains.   ;)

I normally head for the mountains on Memorial Day weekend.  While it's true that the main roads tend to get crowded, I know plenty of roads that don't.  Many riders head up to "slay the Dragon" or ride the Cherohala and have no clue of all the other great roads in the area.  I have even ridden through Deal's Gap on Memorial Day and there was very little traffic.  I just did it early in the morning. 

The other thing is that on tiny bikes you don't ride as fast, don't get held up as much by traffic, and are less likely to get  ticket. 

So, weather permitting I will be heading to the mountains that weekend.  If there is interest to do a tiny bike ride that weekend I'll do that, otherwise I may ride dual sport which is the best way to get away from crowds.

Anyway, just trying to gauge interest.  It doesn't have to be that weekend.

LT

Quote from: klaviator on April 14, 2018, 01:14:21 PM
I normally head for the mountains on Memorial Day weekend.  While it's true that the main roads tend to get crowded, I know plenty of roads that don't.  Many riders head up to "slay the Dragon" or ride the Cherohala and have no clue of all the other great roads in the area.  I have even ridden through Deal's Gap on Memorial Day and there was very little traffic.  I just did it early in the morning. 

The other thing is that on tiny bikes you don't ride as fast, don't get held up as much by traffic, and are less likely to get  ticket. 

So, weather permitting I will be heading to the mountains that weekend.  If there is interest to do a tiny bike ride that weekend I'll do that, otherwise I may ride dual sport which is the best way to get away from crowds.

Anyway, just trying to gauge interest.  It doesn't have to be that weekend.
Good point on the roads. Lots of roads that are actually better than those with famous names. And yes, running 40 mph and having fun is better than trying to run 80 and slowed down by traffic getting frustrated. If I had a tiny bike I'd be all in.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

merc16

I'm in for a Alabama day ride. I would like to do some of the others but not sure of my work schedule.
Justin