News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

ISHOXS GoPro mounts.

Started by springer, April 22, 2018, 03:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

springer

Had a few commits about my GoPro mount I was using at Gymkhana. They are made by ISHOX's and they are pretty mush unbreakable and yet forgiving in a crash, tip over, oh crap, dropped my bike again deal.  :D

The  2 I have clamp onto a handlebar or crashbar. The one I was using at Gymkana is my favorite one. The other one is best used on my rear rack.

Here it is mounted to the crashbar of the Africa Twin;

Another view of the same mount sorta fuzzy but you get the idea;

A picture of the other mount;

They ship in a nice plastic box with the Allen keys you need plus other extra stuff you might need;

They are a bit pricey but they are built tough. You can watch my "EPIC FAIL" video in the Gymkhana thread to see it in action.  :D

The part of the mount that the GoPro mounts to is also adjustable. This allows you to get the camera pointing just where you want it. The mount is rigid so you do not get extra camera shake but not so ridged that it will break in a crash.

I am not trying to see y'all on something, just a review of something I am using. If you want more information and pricing go here;

https://www.ishoxs.com/

Some videos on them here;

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

kylepeterson

just give 'er the berries !

Fencejumper09

Those look very solid and they seem to produce stable video on the AT. I wonder how the video would look attached to the vibey thumper?!?

I am really starting to look into a second GoPro and ways to mount it to the bike. I really enjoy the videos with multiple perspectives.

Thanks for posting these up!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

springer

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on April 23, 2018, 08:04:25 AM
Those look very solid and they seem to produce stable video on the AT. I wonder how the video would look attached to the vibey thumper?!?

I am really starting to look into a second GoPro and ways to mount it to the bike. I really enjoy the videos with multiple perspectives.

Thanks for posting these up!

GoPro is not the only game in town now. Sony has the FDR-X3000 4K Action cam with optical stabilization. The GoPro uses a software type I do believe. There are mounts that let you interchange between cameras but to me, the biggest problem with the Sony is the length.  It is not super long but would make hanging off the front of a helmet difficult.

The Sony;
https://www.sony.com/electronics/actioncam/fdr-x3000-body-kit

GoPro 6 ;

Well from I have read and watched, go with the Hero 5.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Fencejumper09

Yeah I am looking for an older GoPro like my current 4 silver or 3 black.

I am wanting to stay with GoPro just to make the editing and combining of the videos easier.
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332