May 4-6 Cinco de Mayo Deez Nutz Ride-n-camp - Westpoint, TN

Started by Mulley, April 28, 2018, 11:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mulley

When: May 4-6
Where: NATRA in Westpoint, TN

This will be loosely in the spirit of the legendary Spring Nutz rides. We are going to camp and we are going to ride. However this will not be organized. No ride leaders, no planned routes, etc. Just guys, dirt bikes, some brews and a lot of lies around the camp fire.

The plan is to ride Friday and Saturday. We will do a night ride as well. Feel free to arrive early or stay longer if you want. Some folks may camp Thurs as well. Others may ride a little Sunday too.

This will be at NATRA which is a private club. You must be a member to ride. Don't try to sneak in. We will rat you out. This is our club and it is awesome.
1 Day $15
2 Day $25
3 Day $40
Annual $60 (the best deal in motorcycles, period!)

Sign up online at natra.clubexpress.com No stickers or cards, your License is your pass.

For those of you that have never been to Westpoint. First off, you're in for a treat. The trails are great. It's not an extreme type of terrain, it's more flowy and tight in spots but not rocky. There are no stores, facilities, gas stations, restaurants etc to be found within about 15 country miles of the riding area. There are gas stations and restaurants in Lawrenceburg and a gas station with a small dinner in Iron City.

Camping spot will be down a dead end road in the woods We will be out by ourselves with no restrooms or water available.

**Directions to camp to be added**

Pic for attention. Yes that cool guy is going to be there.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

kylepeterson

on my way home from a great weekend if moto camping, only to see another great weekend if moto camping coming up? sweet!
just give 'er the berries !

Fencejumper09

This one is going to be good!

I will plan to bring a ez-up, table, table top burner, implements to cook breakfast burritos (lots of eggs and cheese already mixed together!), and a long fork to cook sausage over the fire for dinner, bourbon and some brews!

Do we want to plan to head into town Saturday night for some tasty Mexican?

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Fencejumper09

Great Stuff! Looking forward to my first ride at the property on the YZ!

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

kylepeterson

going to try out a little taller gearing and a Sedona 907 this weekend. I really liked the flowing trail at Flint Creek with 14/48 instead of my usual 13/48... gotta keep a little more speed up and the suspension works better. 

SpeedyR

wish I could make it this weekend. It's about my birthday and would be fun to celebrate with y'all but too many other things going on right now. I'd like to get up there on the 950 one of these days and wear myself slap out.

y'all have fun and roost someone for me!!!

kylepeterson

Fencejumper09

This shit right here is gonna be a rager!!

See y'all in the morning!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

kylepeterson

heading over to get my tars on in a few, then staying up all night, just like normal !!!

Fencejumper09

Ride report and video are in the making but just a few teasers. If you weren't there you may not understand!

The Tarp Mahal and campsite before the rain!

We ate like kings!

Including campfired cookies!

DJ Schweaty Beats kept the party turnt up!

As usual the party ended in a blur!

Oh yeah we rode some too (but not too much)

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

springer

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on May 07, 2018, 08:40:54 AM
Ride report and video are in the making but just a few teasers. If you weren't there you may not understand!

The Tarp Mahal and campsite before the rain!

We ate like kings!

Including campfired cookies!

DJ Schweaty Beats kept the party turnt up!

As usual the party ended in a blur!

Oh yeah we rode some too (but not too much)

Like that tent in the back bed of the pick-up truck. Been thinking about getting one for my Taco. for when I work weekends. ( 11am-11pm or 11pm to 11am)
  To who ever owns that one /\ Any thoughts on it? How do you like it? Ease of set-up? Is it good for Winter, spring, summer, and fall or?
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Fencejumper09

@Brian A owns that one but I believe it is just a tent from walmart and a tarp over it. I think he had some water intrusion issues Friday night!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

Brian A

That would be me. 

That tent, now in the trash can, is 15 years old. It served me well for a $20 tent from Walmart. I knew it was suspect (rain) before setting it up on this trip so I threw a tarp over it (probably also 15 years old!) and hoped for the best.  I fared pretty well but got enough leakage at the door to wet the foot area of my sleeping bag.

otherwise.... it is a great setup. Having the tent off the ground provides a nice flat surface for an air mattress and, assuming you don't have a 15 year old, worn out $20 tent, is a great setup for the rain. If you can park the truck just so that the bed is sloped a little bit, rain runs right out the back and the tent isn't sitting on the ground in the wet slop. A rubber mat dropped below the edge of the tailgate gives you a place to stand.
And the truck itself offers plenty of places to slide stuff to keep it out of the sun/rain.

It is a good all-season setup. Being off the ground allows for decent air circulation and seems to be more comfortable for summer nights. I plan to replace the tent with another of similar size and carry on as always.

Setup: I put it all together on the ground, grab the supports, pick the whole thing up, give it a shake or three to drop off any sticks, etc then plop it in the back of the truck. Stick a fork in it and call it done.

Brian A

klaviator

Quote from: Brian A on May 07, 2018, 01:59:46 PM
I'll probably get this one next, or something just like it off Amazon.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/magellan-outdoors-journey-2-person-a-frame-tent#repChildCatid=3487509

I looked at the specs for that tent.  It claims the packed size is 21 x 75 Inches ???

Must be a typo.