News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Tagging a Dirt Bike Question

Started by gulfcoaster, May 21, 2018, 03:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kylepeterson

Quote from: DonJuan on June 21, 2018, 08:18:38 PM
What are y'all doing for insurance on dirty 2 stroke bikes? I mean, will the local Jake from State Farm sell you minimum coverage on an off road bike?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

use whatever insurance you want. once it's titled you're golden.

I sent my papers in Monday, got the very polite email to call them back today. one very pleasant phone call and $36.50 later, I have a title and tag coming for my $300 drz e !

happy
just give 'er the berries !

Nice Goat

Quote from: kylepeterson on June 22, 2018, 12:54:46 PM
use whatever insurance you want. once it's titled you're golden.
I sent my papers in Monday, got the very polite email to call them back today. one very pleasant phone call and $36.50 later, I have a title and tag coming for my $300 drz e !
happy

I'm going to seriously consider moving to Pennington County South Dakota when I retire.  Or at least making a trip up there to bring them fresh, hot danishes at the courthouse.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

kylepeterson

Quote from: Nice Goat on June 22, 2018, 03:59:08 PM

I'm going to seriously consider moving to Pennington County South Dakota when I retire.  Or at least making a trip up there to bring them fresh, hot danishes at the courthouse.

I don't think they know how nice they are. each time I've complemented them they react with "oh, gee thank you, but I'm just doing what I'm supposed to".... they just don't know how bad the DMV is here.

gulfcoaster

What do you guys use to lock your plated dirt bike?  At this point I don't have any plans of overnight adventures on this bike where it'd be sitting at a hotel(maybe in the future).  But something simple while parked at a restaurant getting lunch or something.  Anything with a combo lock?  I'm prone to losing little things like a key to a small lock.

Fencejumper09

I use a disc lock with a little reminder cable up to my seat. I keep my key with my ignition key.

They make a disc lock that has a motion sensing alarm if you are really worried about it.

If there is group I don't even use it. It honestly only comes out when I park in the deck at work.
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

gulfcoaster

At this point, I really just want a little assurance if I go in somewhere to get something to eat.  So I won't feel like I have to sit by a window watching it the whole time.  It's a keyless bike, but I guess I could just slip the lock key in my wallet or something to keep up with it.

KevinB

Sicass Racing makes a plug-n-play key switch for KTM's and a universal switch for other models. I added one to my XCW...won't deter real thieves,  but will hopefully prevent the casual crime of opportunity and joy riders.

KevinB

Quote from: kylepeterson on June 25, 2018, 05:27:59 AM
I don't think they know how nice they are. each time I've complemented them they react with "oh, gee thank you, but I'm just doing what I'm supposed to".... they just don't know how bad the DMV is here.
I spent 45 minutes today transferring the TN title on my 450...not waiting in line, literally 45 minutes at the window. Last time I went in, the title had a signature error on the seller's part so I had to get a correction affadavit.

Came back today with it signed/notarized and the clerk says "Where did you get this form?!" I advised her that THEY were the ones that gave it to me last week and she proceeded to disappear to the back somewhere with my paperwork for 20 minutes...with zero explanation when she came back. Musta been break time...

Mulley

Quote from: KevinB on June 25, 2018, 05:05:36 PM
Sicass Racing makes a plug-n-play key switch for KTM's and a universal switch for other models. I added one to my XCW...won't deter real thieves,  but will hopefully prevent the casual crime of opportunity and joy riders.

That's ironic because I bought the Sicass key delete for my KTM 500 EXC.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

KevinB

Quote from: Mulley on June 25, 2018, 07:14:08 PM

That's ironic because I bought the Sicass key delete for my KTM 500 EXC.

Dang...we should've just saved each other the money and swapped bikes.  :)

kylepeterson

Quote from: KevinB on June 25, 2018, 05:11:15 PM
I spent 45 minutes today transferring the TN title on my 450...not waiting in line, literally 45 minutes at the window. Last time I went in, the title had a signature error on the seller's part so I had to get a correction affadavit.

Came back today with it signed/notarized and the clerk says "Where did you get this form?!" I advised her that THEY were the ones that gave it to me last week and she proceeded to disappear to the back somewhere with my paperwork for 20 minutes...with zero explanation when she came back. Musta been break time...

next time someone takes their sweet time with you, act jovial, pleasant, and tell them "hey you go ahead and take your time, I been trying to get this booger out for fifteen minutes and I just about got it!"

it won't help you get done any faster, but they'll think twice about taking a dump with your paper work next time.