News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Something Different

Started by kdtrull, May 07, 2018, 12:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdtrull

Sold my 3rd KLR.  It's a great bike but it doesn't fit me....I don't know why I keep buying them.

I really miss my DR650....Only had one of them.  If I couldn't have an XT250, the DR650 would be my go-to bike.

So, I do have an XT250 and my cousin wanted the only DR650 I could find within a reasonable distance.  I've spent a fortune trading the past few years and had to dial back the budget some....So, I got this (relatively) old ride from a work buddy of mine for 2500 bones.  I had no idea it was gonna' be such a pain to get going again.

It had some ethanol problems as it sat in storage for over a year:

Guess where all those filter screen particles went.

Then, I totally ruined the BSR36 trying to fix/clean it.  That thing had rubber in places I didn't know existed.  The rubber liquefied in a 24 hour carb cleaner bath. (Lesson Learned).

So I got a new BSR36 from a guy in IL that rode 11 miles home from the dealer then changed to the FCR39 MX....I got his "just like new" BSR36 for a couple hundred clams.  The FCR39 would have been around $800.00 for a new one.

The DRZ has a gaping open air box and FMF exhaust from the port to the tail.  Got the new carb, installed the recommended JD jets, and WHAMMO!...runs like a champ.

Happy now.  Much more power than I've had on a dual sport before....which means I'll probably be injured soon.  But, for now, it's all fun and big smiles.
160 main, 25 pilot, skinny needle = turn up new ground in 3rd gear....even with my shameful weight holding it down.   :P

P.S.  It is far and away the ugliest dual sport I've ever seen...and dual sports are buzzard-ass ugly to begin with.   :D

Fencejumper09

I can't wait to see the adventures you take on that bad boy!!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

yamahamer

That thing is farkled like Glen use to own it.
Nice find!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

kdtrull

Quote from: yamahamer on May 07, 2018, 06:17:09 PM
That thing is farkled like Glen use to own it.
Nice find!

Ha...I thought the same thing and then I thought, "could be a Glenn deal but it's over a year old."   :D

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

kdtrull

Quote from: Nice Goat on May 08, 2018, 12:39:32 AM
Love that big azz tank!

;D  Reminds me of a girl I used to date!

TWJohn

2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

kylepeterson

nice find, it'll serve you for a long time if you just ride it. they really start to fall apart when they get polished and then sit.
just give 'er the berries !

snake89

Probably be injured soon  :D :D :D :D :D :D
I can beat the Paramedics to my crashes by at least 10 minutes.

kylepeterson

that rear rack will break your seat bolt bosses on away from the subframe. if you want to keep it on the bike, consider having the bosses welded with a little more pigeon poo. :-)

that little carb will stay clean n happy with all kinds of crap fuel, if you just keep running the bike. sitting is death.
just give 'er the berries !

kdtrull

Quote from: kylepeterson on June 25, 2018, 05:52:26 AM
that rear rack will break your seat bolt bosses on away from the subframe. if you want to keep it on the bike, consider having the bosses welded with a little more pigeon poo. :-)

Thanks for the heads-up.  I'll try to get some more poo applied.