News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Mothers Day Ride to Bell Buckle

Started by jrobinson, May 07, 2018, 09:20:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrobinson

While riding to work this morning, I was thinking of a ride for this weekend. Since Saturdays are now useless for me due to working at race track, I think Sunday will be a good day. When I pulled up FB this morning, I had a Memory for a ride on this date last year. It was to Bell Buckle.....IT'S A SIGN...... so Bell Buckle it is.

Meet at Chevron in Gurley on US Hwy 72 (about 15 miles east of Huntsville). Hardees is next door if you want breakfast.

Rider Briefing at 8:50am

KSU at 9:00am - Sunday May 13th

Route will be mostly 2 lane roads for about 2 hours with 1 planned rest stop. Cruiser pace.
There will be areas where you can run ahead of the pack if you so desire.
No one will be left behind. We will wait at the turns.
I will be on a Robinson Harley, 2 up, while navigating some of the windy roads in N. Ala and Tenn , so this will not be a pirate parade ride. All bikes and skill levels are welcomed.

Total miles will be around 200 miles and we should be back in Huntsville area by 4pm.

Lunch will be at The Bell Buckle Cafe

Weather: Mostly Sunny with a high of 87deg.

We may return through Lynchburg for a walk around the square and ice cream.

ScooterRick

Damn!  This is my favorite ride with the group. Doubt I can get free of the mother's day obligations. I'll keep an eye out for the next one. Y'all have a safe ride!
"No more Vespa"

David DoubleEX

I may be up for this!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Nice Goat

Wish I could go, but we are moving into the new house this weekend.  Y'all have fun and take pics!
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

jrobinson

Quote from: Nice Goat on May 10, 2018, 07:11:26 AM
Wish I could go, but we are moving into the new house this weekend.  Y'all have fun and take pics!

Riding is more fun than moving. lol

Congrats on the new house.

David DoubleEX

Thanks for a good ride. I enjoyed it.

Too bad the cafe was so packed, it looked like it would have been some good food. That Mexican place was a good choice though.

And here is the only picture I took!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

jrobinson

Note to self. Make reservations at Bell Buckle Cafe if you plan to visit on Mother's Day.

We enjoyed the ride and the Mexican restaurant in Shelbyville was pretty good.

Thanks for joining us on a nice Sunday ride.