News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

MotoCamping starter kit

Started by Chitza, May 13, 2018, 06:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chitza

There are some decent suggestions here. Less than $300 for the whole lot. Three of the top four items were in my pack for the trip to Alaska. If anyone wants to see my tent before purchasing, I'll be glad to let you borrow it. I also have the Lynx2 (two man) for size/weight comparison.

http://www.advpulse.com/adv-products/8-motorcycle-camping-gear-essentials-for-under-300/
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

springer

Don't like...no that an't right, I hate the 1 person mummy type sleeping bag. I am a sprawled out sleeper. ROOM, you can never have to much.  ;)
This is the "sleeping shelter" I have picked up;

https://www.amazon.com/Hybrid-Lightweight-Camping-Hammock-Tent/dp/B000YLIX7W/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1526223804&sr=8-3&keywords=lawson+hammock

What it is;

The patented design allows for use suspended, as a hammock, or on the ground, as a tent, greatly increasing camping terrain options that are often limited by shelter type. The spreader bar and arch pole system keeps the bed of the hammock flat and taut, eliminating much of the uncomfortable 'cocoon' and 'banana' effect.

The Blue Ridge Camping Hammock has attached bug netting and a rainfly that attaches directly to the hammock, so no need for additional trees for tying off a tarp or staking. The arch poles hammock tent can be used as an 'open/regular' hammock for lounging in the sun.

So you see, it's two, two, two things in one.  ;)

Haven't tried it out yet, haven't even read the directions on how to set it up... but of course, like every red-blooded male animal in the world, I think directions are for sissies.  :D so there will be no video, cause there might be a bit of cussing involved with random throwing of things too.  :D 

A real fun for all kinda thing.  ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Chitza

Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB