News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

I have bad form

Started by jrou111, September 30, 2015, 12:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrou111

Continued from the old thread...

Today I went to grab lunch at the mall with advrider41. I parked my KTM on the yellow stripes.

Apparently the rent a cop mall security didn't appreciate that I was freeing up a parking space somewhere and alleviating frustrations from someone rounding a corner to pull in to a spot only to see a bike there.

Ryanbroome

Quote from: jrou111 on September 30, 2015, 12:53:35 PM
Continued from the old thread...

Today I went to grab lunch at the mall with advrider41. I parked my KTM on the yellow stripes.

Apparently the rent a cop mall security didn't appreciate that I was freeing up a parking space somewhere and alleviating frustrations from someone rounding a corner to pull in to a spot only to see a bike there.

Oh no! Not a WARNING! They're slick over there

jrou111

DachshundUberAlles

This is a thread that could have done without continuation.
There's no such thing as a "REAL RIDER!". If you have a motorcycle, you've done all you need to do.

scrappyjon

When you park in the striped lines the whole system starts falling apart piece by piece. It could start a chain reaction that causes World War III

springer

Quote from: scrappyjon on September 30, 2015, 04:50:48 PM
When you park in the striped lines the whole system starts falling apart piece by piece. It could start a chain reaction that causes World War III
Dogs will start sleeping with cats, ice cream will be served with broccoli, up will become down, and humanity will come to an end.........the horror, the horror of it all..........................
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Nice Goat

We get it ... Some folks don't like inappropriate parking.  Nobody is forcing you to do it, like it, or read about it.  It's harmless fun in most cases. 

If the property owner leaves a warning, as they did in this case, it's all on that rider.  It doesn't reflect on all of us, unless you let it. 

Sometimes I feel rebellious and park inappropriately also.  Most times, I try to park legally but in a way that makes it easy for Grammy to see my bike and not hit it with her Caddie.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

scrappyjon

Living downtown, it's considered rude to park in a full parking space with a motorcycle instead of out of the way on a sidewalk or somewhere.

LRobinson

jrou111

Quote from: scrappyjon on September 30, 2015, 07:13:26 PM
Living downtown, it's considered rude to park in a full parking space with a motorcycle instead of out of the way on a sidewalk or somewhere.

This ^

jrou111

Quote from: LRobinson on September 30, 2015, 07:57:58 PM

I recognize the tag, but where is the Kawasaki?

Every time I hear the word Kawasaki I think of Mike talking about Kyle's "Kawasaki Ballet"!  ;D

KevinB

jrou111

Fencejumper09

Bad form at Brookwood!

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Ryanbroome