Linked Events

• Cove Rally

TWJohn

I might like to do a street ride.
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

Frank Smith

Quote from: klaviator on August 28, 2018, 12:22:25 PM
Anyone coming who is planning on going on the street ride?

I want to do a little of both because it's more than a one day event. I definitely want to do a street ride if you're leading it.
Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

hawkvtx

Probably be up for a street ride.  I can firm it up when it gets a little closer. Got some construction going on around the house so may not be free. But as of right now should be good to go.
2006 Honda VTX 1800C
2022 BMW G310GS
2018 Honda Rebel 500

klaviator

Quote from: Frank Smith on August 28, 2018, 02:22:19 PM
I want to do a little of both because it's more than a one day event. I definitely want to do a street ride if you're leading it.

I think both rides are on Saturday with camping and hanging out Friday and Saturday night.  That doesn't mean there can't be a ride on Sunday as well but someone would have to plan that. 

Mulley

I'm going try hard to make this. I haven't been to an MC-AL event in a while and I miss it. I've been out of town a lot recently so I have to figure out how to make it happen. Life/family/work/play must all stay in balance.

What kind of dirt mileage are we talking about doing? Specifically, how much blacktop? I have a choice of Beta 300 or KTM 500. I'm assuming the 500 is the better bike for this, correct?
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

springer

What Mulley said/\ except I can not ride as good...on-road or off.  ;)

So my question is, is the off-road ride friendly enough for a moaron on a ADVi(ish) bike or is it a dirtbike dirt ride? :D
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Fencejumper09

Not looking good for me! The family has decided to come visit that weekend!

Maybe I can convince my dad to bring his DRZ, I doubt it as you can't pry him away from his grandbaby!!!!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

norton73

Quote from: norton73 on June 08, 2018, 06:25:07 AM
Currently the calendar shows me off that weekend, so it looks good for Lynn and I.

We are out. A good friend is having a birthday ending in a zero the same weekend.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

griff

Big dual sports are ok if rider is decent. Adv bikes don't have the ground clearance needed for this route. There's about 80 miles of pavement in the route depending on options. Most of it's two lane roads but there is one small section of 4 lane for a couple of miles. 

Frank,
Saturday evening would probably be better for the food as we'll probably have some hungry riders that aren't camping but may hang around for dinner and a campfire.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

kylepeterson

Quote from: griff on August 31, 2018, 06:56:41 AM
Big dual sports are ok if rider is decent. Adv bikes don't have the ground clearance needed for this route. There's about 80 miles of pavement in the route depending on options. Most of it's two lane roads but there is one small section of 4 lane for a couple of miles. 

Frank,
Saturday evening would probably be better for the food as we'll probably have some hungry riders that aren't camping but may hang around for dinner and a campfire.

Ok, drz it is then!
just give 'er the berries !

Frank Smith

Quote from: griff on August 31, 2018, 06:56:41 AM

Frank,

Ok, I'll ride while meat is smoking, then go home and bring it back afterwards.
Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

kylepeterson

If it doesn't rain I'm gonna slap another trials tire on for this one... Haven't done that in a while!

Mulley

I've got a fresh Sedona 907. It's only got a half day of Colorado single track on it. It's such a good dualsport tire.
Quote from: kylepeterson on September 01, 2018, 04:47:37 PM
If it doesn't rain I'm gonna slap another trials tire on for this one... Haven't done that in a while!
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

kylepeterson

Quote from: Mulley on September 01, 2018, 08:27:12 PM
I've got a fresh Sedona 907. It's only got a half day of Colorado single track on it. It's such a good dualsport tire.

I may leave the half worn 907 in there, if I get lazy. It is a great ds tire, worked great in North Georgia with James n his buddies.

renchinrider

I'll be up at Sturgis mingling with the Motorcycle Cannonball riders that weekend.  But we're making tentative~firm plans to participate in Al's Nowhere to Be and All Day to Get There rally in October, so hope to see most/all of you there!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!