CANCELED.........Nowhere To Be.....and All Day To Get There....the 6th annual.

Started by Al Goodwin, June 11, 2018, 07:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

kylepeterson

I'm planning to have and use proper DS tires this time. that will make the creek crossings a LOT more fun!

fall season is gonna be sweet!!!
just give 'er the berries !

Al Goodwin

Reckon we'd have enough interest in a street ride? ....

We'd need someone to volunteer to lead the ride, we can work together on a route.

Everything the same, camp out, breakfast, etc....leave out the same time on Saturday morning....maybe even meet up for lunch with both groups...

What's everyone's thoughts?

renchinrider

Al, your suggestion of a street ride sweetens the pot even more! ;D

I've added your event to our NAVMC Events Calendar, but I'll go back and update it to include the probability of some street riding.

Not sure I'm in a position to volunteer to lead a street ride this far out, but I'll keep contact with you in hopes that my schedule permits me to take on the street ride event for this year!

Really look forward to seeing and joining all of you this year!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Al Goodwin

Quote from: renchinrider on July 29, 2018, 09:12:47 PM
Al, your suggestion of a street ride sweetens the pot even more! ;D

I've added your event to our NAVMC Events Calendar, but I'll go back and update it to include the probability of some street riding.

Not sure I'm in a position to volunteer to lead a street ride this far out, but I'll keep contact with you in hopes that my schedule permits me to take on the street ride event for this year!

Really look forward to seeing and joining all of you this year!

Sounds great.....thanks.

GS Noob

Hoping to make this ride.

I need to decide whether my money needs to be spent on appropriate tires or camping gear...would Michelin Anakee III tires be suitable for the dirt route?

Mac

Al Goodwin

Quote from: GS Noob on September 17, 2018, 07:35:33 AM
Hoping to make this ride.

I need to decide whether my money needs to be spent on appropriate tires or camping gear...would Michelin Anakee III tires be suitable for the dirt route?

Mac

I've never ridden those tires, but the route won't be to difficult...an aired down street tire would probably work...it wouldn't be any fun, but it'd work...LOL

Fencejumper09

Quote from: Al Goodwin on September 25, 2018, 09:32:12 PM
...it wouldn't be any fun....

He says this and then @kylepeterson shows up on a Sumo and doesn't stop smiling the entire ride!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

GS Noob

Well now my brother-in-law is getting married that weekend so I can't go anymore  :-[ He was going to get married next Spring but moved it sooner.

kylepeterson

just give 'er the berries !

renchinrider

(I'm replying in order to pull this thread back up to the top) :-\

Al, I'm planning to come down Friday afternoon, and hit the PAVED roads on Saturday.  Have you had anyone else indicate they're coming, and intend to ride the roads?

I don't know the backroads down there at all, but even the main roads are scenic and fun.  Maybe we can coordinate to join up for lunch at Chef Troy's (did I get the name right)???

maydaymike

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on September 26, 2018, 06:39:51 AM
He says this and then @kylepeterson shows up on a Sumo and doesn't stop smiling the entire ride!
Kyle never stops smiling!  I think he may be a bit simple.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185

renchinrider

Bittersweet, Al!  Bitter 'cause I was really looking forward to the gathering this year, but sweet 'cause you got a promotion...CONGRATULATIONS! ;D

Look forward to seeing you (and Melony) again in the nearest future!  My wife and I really enjoyed the visit last year!

klaviator

Congrats on the promotion Al! 

Sometimes life gets in the way of riding :( 

Weather forecast isn't looking that great for Saturday anyway. 

Al Goodwin

Thanks Win.....

I hope it rains from Friday noon till Monday noon....

Quote from: klaviator on October 15, 2018, 01:23:06 PM
Congrats on the promotion Al! 

Sometimes life gets in the way of riding :( 

Weather forecast isn't looking that great for Saturday anyway.