News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Waffle and a wandering 7/4

Started by LawnmowerRG, July 03, 2018, 07:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LawnmowerRG

Anyone up for a breakfast at Waffle House in Moody? Then about an hour ride on some local roads.
Ride pace will be +5.
Route will be all local back roads with some curves.

I have a couple possible routes we can run. The cross, the back door, and the how did we end up here?. These are some of my evening unwinding rides.  So we can talk about it once we sit down to eat.

So start the holiday by unwinding with me.
Kick stands up 8:00am
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

springer

Dang...missed this. Oh well I couldn't get there till noon or a little after anyway.  :(
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

LawnmowerRG

Can't do it that late. My grandmothers birthday is on the 4th. So I have to make sure I get to visit Her.

KrisCook

Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

catang5oh

Well, I just saw this! I would have tried to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrisCook

Quote from: catang5oh on July 04, 2018, 08:43:53 AM
Well, I just saw this! I would have tried to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don's bike ran hot so he dropped out. I have to work, so Rodney led me to work the long pretty way. It was great!

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

LawnmowerRG

So Kris is deposited at work. Don hasn't called to say he didn't make back home. (He developed a water leak). Now to find may way back home.

LawnmowerRG

So you missed this and a few other things.

Like a ride down Floid Bradford Rd, Grants Mill, Hwy25, Ziegler Rd, Elliot Ln, and a few good roads in down town. To name a few. It was more than an hour.

kylepeterson

Quote from: LawnmowerRG on July 04, 2018, 04:37:56 PM
So you missed this and a few other things.

Like a ride down Floid Bradford Rd, Grants Mill, Hwy25, Ziegler Rd, Elliot Ln, and a few good roads in down town. To name a few. It was more than an hour.

haven't been by that spot in a long while, going back this weekend!
just give 'er the berries !

LawnmowerRG

KrisCook

:)  Back in the Rebel days. 

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

springer

Is that the Shriner's Temple? If so, anyone know if it is still in use? 
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

sctparker

Yes it's the Zamora Shriners Temple still used but the building is getting in bad shape ,different groups rent it for there events  and  they have the roller derby there

springer

Quote from: sctparker on July 06, 2018, 06:28:58 PM
Yes it's the Zamora Shriners Temple still used but the building is getting in bad shape ,different groups rent it for there events  and  they have the roller derby there
Yea, it has gotten into bad shape. :-[  They really do a lot of good work.

LawnmowerRG

Yup I have been to a few events there over the years. The building does look pretty bad, and it's forsale. I just happened to go by when they had a cone coarse set up in the parking lot. I was looking to pull under the awning for a little shade. Then ended up spending about 30 minutes on the coarse. It was a pretty easy lay out. It was long though, and took a few tries to figure out.

Maybe Motorcycle Alabama should buy it for a club house.