News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

2015-08-28 Fatboy and Lazeebum Go To Tellico

Started by kdtrull, October 02, 2015, 06:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdtrull

Quote from: Jwwr on October 04, 2015, 07:15:32 PM
Excellent report! Thanks for pointing out Rhymers Ferry! I'm going to be staying at Fontana Village in November and now I have a new Road to ride!

There's more...just within minutes of the same area.  I'll make another post soon with the details.
That old style tar/gravel is very sticky and fun to ride...keeping in mind that some of that gravel breaks loose and accumulates in some spots.

kdtrull

Another goodern', Old Field Gap Rd. (1249), some nice views:

kdtrull

If you're taking the WR, this one was fun too.  There is a waterfall off in the woods if you pay attention going UP.
We turned around before reaching the end.  Our new friend was afraid we were wasting too much time....he still thought he was going to Nashville at that point.

Wolf Laurel Rd. (off of Old Santeetlah Rd.)

kdtrull

If you head out the back of Cades Cove, I'd recommend Rich Mountain Rd. over Parsons Branch for the view...it climbs over the mountain.  If you just want to get back to 129, then Parsons is the way to go.

klaviator

Rhymers Ferry road is a lot of fun.  I took this pic from a little unpaved detour just off of Rhymers Ferry a few years ago.

Brian A

Quote from: kdtrull on October 03, 2015, 06:32:31 PM
One of the many great roads in the area that has plenty of curves and NO traffic is Rhymers Ferry.  It will dump you out in Fontanna Village.

Great road.

About 8-10 years ago, 4th of July night, shenanigans took place on that road.  ;)

klaviator

Quote from: Brian A on October 04, 2015, 10:17:46 PM
One of the many great roads in the area that has plenty of curves and NO traffic is Rhymers Ferry.  It will dump you out in Fontanna Village.

Great road.

About 8-10 years ago, 4th of July night, shenanigans took place on that road.  ;)

Do tell!

kdtrull

Quote from: klaviator on October 05, 2015, 07:27:34 AM
Quote from: Brian A on October 04, 2015, 10:17:46 PM

Great road.

Do tell!

I got some Skyway shenanigans but I bet they are pretty tame compared to what Brian A is about to lay out.
When the Skyway was under construction, we took 4x4s up there and sleded down some of the downhill parts.  It was cool to sled for a mile at a time.

Fencejumper09

Every ride you guys do, I wish I was there! Keep the awesome reports coming!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

kdtrull

lazeebum

Yeah, that's the way to make a feller jones for another trip to the mountains.

BKStewart

Awesome report Ken.  Looked like a great time!

Brian