N. Alabama/Tenn. Street Ride Saturday 7-21-18

Started by klaviator, July 18, 2018, 11:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

The weather forecast for Saturday just changed from 80% chance of thunderstorms to only 20% and a nice and "cool" 87 degrees.  Looks like a good time for another street ride :)

Meet:    Mapco in Gurley
When:   8:15 meet, 8:30 Kick Stands Up.

I'm making this a little earlier to beat the heat a bit.  We will ride twisty back roads up into Tennessee and have lunch in Lynchburg.  More riding after lunch and then back to Alabama.  I will be on my scooter again so the pace will be moderately sporty but as always; ride at your own pace and we will re group at all turns.

Frank Smith

Tentatively, I'm in. Wifey needs to sleep in, I doubt if she'll join us.
Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

Johnny Tobyone

Possible if my back recovers from the trip to NC mtns.  Guess I was riding to tight in the good stuff!
R1200R
CRF450L

scott59

Frank Smith

Tentative changed to definate. See you in the morning
Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

Johnny Tobyone

R1200R
CRF450L

Frank Smith

Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

klaviator

Quote from: Frank Smith on July 21, 2018, 06:11:22 AM
Weather looks menacing. Are we still a go?

The weather radar looks like it will all pass through in a couple of hours.  Forecast calls for chance of T storms all day.  What do you think?

klaviator

Frank Smith

I don't mind rain. Radar shows a lot of activity due north in the area you want to go, but it's moving through. It is supposed to clear out across the region as the day progresses. 
Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

Frank Smith

Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

klaviator

Riding twisties isn't that much fun if the roads are wet.  Let's push back the meeting to 9 and see what the weather does.  that will also give the roads some time to dry.   

Frank Smith

Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

klaviator

Weather radar is looking good so I'll see you at 9.  I will probably shorten the ride from what i originally planned but we'll still do Lynchburg for lunch.  We'll check the weather then and decide on an afternoon route.

Frank Smith

Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F