News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Harley Davidson ADV Bike?

Started by KevinB, July 30, 2018, 10:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bblass

Quote from: kylepeterson on August 01, 2018, 09:02:22 PM
I haven't been arrested in a long time. that live wire will probably do it.

In other news, police are on the lookout for a man who rode an electric motorcycle through the Galleria. The suspect was overheard saying "this is great, now to try it in the tiger cage at the zoo!" Authorities expect the matter to take care of itself...
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

yamahamer

I'm glad to see the trying something new.
I had a Buell for a while and it was an amazing bike but no parts available for it. It took weeks just to get a drive belt.  ???

If they can break out of the stereo type bar hopper crowd they will sell. Not brand bashing at all but 75% of Harley owners are just that, owners.
They are great machines and people like JR, JT, and Sled have shown you can ride the wheels off one.

odell2115

So the next season of Sons of Anarchy will be more like...

"On the next episode, Phil argues which GPS has better tracking while Stan tries to get his ADV sticker perfectly straight.  Bob and Ralf get in a huge fuss over which shop has the best coffee resulting in a stain on someone's Aerostitch suit.  Find out who tonight..."

Fencejumper09

Now that right there is funny!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

LawnmowerRG

@odell2115
Man that is great. Only thing that could have made it better is if you have added something about best ADV touring tires and the best oil.

So I'm so in saying we neeeeeed the teaser for Episode 2.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

odell2115

Quote from: LawnmowerRG on August 03, 2018, 10:34:16 AM
@odell2115
Man that is great. Only thing that could have made it better is if you have added something about best ADV touring tires and the best oil.

So I'm so in saying we neeeeeed the teaser for Episode 2.
Definitely episode 2.  The debate bleeds over to the internet where the tire and oil debate results in Albert shatting his kevlar underwear while finding the best route to - not Starbucks where those BMW guys go.  The guys all laugh it off over a latte after they settle on Krispy Kreme as the go-to coffee shop for Harley adventurists.  They saddle up for a long ride, carbon fiber impregnated getback whips flying in the wind, and all make it home by 3 in time for their blood pressure meds.

Episode 3 shows how hard it is to get a group of middle management badasses to agree on the correct hi-viz pattern for the new Harley Adventure tshirt campaign.

norton73

Loose nut holding the handlebars

KevinB

The Pan-Am was just unveiled in Canada at a bike show.

The look on everyone's face is priceless...

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Sweeper

Watched a video of some guys on Sporters doing March Moto Madness. The guys were pretty hard core and the bikes were dual sport modified but still not my cup of tea. May have been a better choice for Ewan and Charley than the whatchamacallit electric. :)

bblass

The paint job is shit. But I don't hate the bike.

Looks like it weighs in close to a 1200GS. Probably not a great ADV bike but probably not bad overall bike. I figured the livewire would cost 15k and it wound up being 30k. Wonder what this one will go for?
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

norton73

Hard to believe anyone could build a bike uglier than a BMW GS.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

Hammerdown77

2016 BMW R1200 GS
2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

Slede

I dig it but it'll probably get priced out the roof....
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

lazeebum

I like the concept, but leave off all the electronic brake and throttle controls.