News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

testing my s9+

Started by springer, August 08, 2018, 12:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gam

Quote from: springer on September 30, 2018, 10:58:03 AM
I have a newer Fuji XP, it has WiFi, waterproof to 20 m/65ft, and shock-proof to 1.75m/5.8 ft that I hardly ever use.

Why?

The picture/video quality on the s9+ is much better, the video/picture apps are good enough I do not have to go to a computer for post production, I can upload anywhere I have a cell signal/open WiFi, and I always have it on me since it is my primary cellphone.

If I am not using it /\ then I am using my GoPros for video/photos.

Wonder why I got all that flare?  I didn't adjust any settings, just touched the camera icon and took the pics.

springer

Quote from: Gam on September 30, 2018, 12:22:34 PM
Wonder why I got all that flare?  I didn't adjust any settings, just touched the camera icon and took the pics.

Flare is usually caused by bright light hitting the lens at an angle. The s9+ has an anti-flare coating on the lens. Do you have the Galaxy s9+ ? That is what I have.
The model number is SM-G965U.
You can find that /\ the model number under Settings, about phone.

When I bought the phone several sites had it rated as having the best picture and video quality. Been very pleased with it.
Well, except that Bixby "helper" crap app that would constantly interfere with what I was doing. I disabled all of it and no problems since. 
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Gam

Quote from: springer on September 30, 2018, 01:19:26 PM
Flare is usually caused by bright light hitting the lens at an angle. The s9+ has an anti-flare coating on the lens. Do you have the Galaxy s9+ ? That is what I have.
The model number is SM-G965U.
You can find that /\ the model number under Settings, about phone.

When I bought the phone several sites had it rated as having the best picture and video quality. Been very pleased with it.
Well, except that Bixby "helper" crap app that would constantly interfere with what I was doing. I disabled all of it and no problems since.
Yeah, it's an S9 +, maybe something is cockeyed in the settings, I'm not good with touchscreens, takes me forever to type a text message,  I try to take a pic and the next thing I know I'm looking at restaurants near me...

JBMFT

Quote from: Gam on September 30, 2018, 03:42:47 PM
Yeah, it's an S9 +, maybe something is cockeyed in the settings, I'm not good with touchscreens, takes me forever to type a text message,  I try to take a pic and the next thing I know I'm looking at restaurants near me...

All the camera modes and settings are done on the screen and easy to change inadvertently by swiping or otherwise touching. I am willing to be that is what happened.

springer

Quote from: Gam on September 30, 2018, 03:42:47 PM
Yea, the settings can get messed up quick and inadvertently.

I call it my "Smarty Pants" phone.  :D
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.