News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Ride to Bell Buckle 8/26/18

Started by jrobinson, August 20, 2018, 10:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

jrobinson

I don't have the opportunity to ride to work anymore, so I either need to sell my bike or ride this weekend. Since Saturdays are now useless for me due to working at race track, I think Sunday will be a good day for a ride. Let's go ride and eat at Bell Buckle, Tn.

Meet at Chevron in Gurley on US Hwy 72 (about 15 miles east of Huntsville). Hardees is next door if you want breakfast.

Rider Briefing at 9:15am

KSU at 9:25am - Sunday, August 26

Route will be mostly 2 lane roads for about 2 hours with 1 planned rest stop. Cruiser pace.
There will be areas where you can run ahead of the pack if you so desire.
No one will be left behind. We will wait at the turns.
I will be on a Robinson Harley, 2 up, while navigating some of the windy roads in N. Ala and Tenn , so this will not be a pirate parade ride. All bikes and skill levels are welcomed.

Total miles will be around 200 miles and we should be back in Huntsville area by 4pm.

Lunch will be at The Bell Buckle Cafe

Weather: Partly Cloudy with a high of 89 deg. ( Doesn't mean much the way the weather has been this year.)

We may return through Lynchburg for a walk around the square and ice cream.

klaviator

ScooterRick

I think I'm in. Gotta clear it with the boss!
"No more Vespa"

LawnmowerRG

I think I'm a do this one. Haven't been up in yankee Bama in a while.  Now what to ride?

BTW if anyone is up for a ride to the ride leaving from the Ham area I'm game. Maybe even first breakfast. Then meet Them  for second breakfast. Have early 10s at the gas station before we head out to lunch. Then catch dinner on he way home.  ;D
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

DonJuan

I might be in on this too. Need to stretch the legs on the street bob and get a few hundred more miles on the rubbers before I bite the bullet and get new ones.
KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

Al Goodwin

Melony and I will be there....looking forward to the ride.

BuckeyeDoug

Looks like I can might make it too.  Kitchen pass awaiting signature.......

ScooterRick

We'll, turns out it'll be the first morning my baby is back home. Better stay home and take care of business.  :)
"No more Vespa"

Moto Guzzi

If I'm back from the Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion early enough I will be coming on the ride.

DonJuan

Oh Sweet baby Jesus! That Bell Buckle Cafe menu is fantastic! I told my wife to consider this as my test run up there so we can go back on a day trip (she don't ride) for lunch and all those desserts.
KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

DonJuan

Well, I guess I'll have to wait to get a Moonpie Sundae on the next trip. I've got some family obligations to attend to. Y'all ride safe, and have fun.
KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

Moto Guzzi

I'm probably out. Managed to stub my little toe hard enough to partially remove the nail.  Doubt I will be able to get a boot on in the morning.  I will try but the trip is unlikely for me.

polarissalesman

was a great ride.... some of us obviously can't see and went the wrong way, BUT, we all ended up at the cafe....Thanks to Johnny and Sandy for hosting ....Myself, lexie, Alan & Liz rode a little over 400 miles ....
"keep the rubber side down"

Nice Goat

Awesome ride with friendly folks!  Good to see Johnny, Sandy, Lawny, Win, Donny, Buckeye Doug, Bruce, etc., again.  Think we started with about 25 bikes...?!

Weather was perfect, and the Bell Buckle Cafe had excellent food.  I had a club salad with grilled chicken and cucumber wasabi dressing ... man, it was good.  And later on, we had ice cream in Lynchburg ... it was for medicinal purposes ... to lower our core temps.  :D

Got home with 315 miles for the day (measured by GPS).  And I averaged 44 mpg!

GPX tracks attached.

Thanks for hosting this ride, Johnny!

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

polarissalesman

this says 379 miles, bike said 403... but anyway, this is pretty much the route Lexie, Alan, Liz &  myself rode yesterday...

https://goo.gl/maps/CWMxS9V6to92
"keep the rubber side down"