News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Ride to Bell Buckle 8/26/18

Started by jrobinson, August 20, 2018, 10:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

klaviator

What a great day.  I want to start by thanking Johnny for setting this up.  It was great seeing so many people I haven't seen in a while both from this forum and also the Friends Who Ride group. 

I finally made it to Bell Buckle!!!  Johnny picked some nice roads to get there and set a nice pace leading the ride.  It was a great group to ride with even if we did get a bit split up.  We did get strung out a bit but there really weren't any slow riders in this group which is pretty amazing considering the variety and number of bikes & riders we had.

I took a bunch of pics so here goes.

The meeting spot in Gurley.

Buckeye Doug trying to convince Nice Goat that he needs a Harley??

My Scooter was the only one.

Johnny giving the riders brief.

klaviator

I took off ahead of the group to set up for some action pictures.  I figured I had plenty of time to find a spot and get set up because it always takes a few minutes for a group to get going.  Well, not this group.  I slowed a few times trying to find a good spot.  When I finally found one, parked my bike and pulled out my camera the lead riders came by before I had a chance to set up.  Here's the pics I did get.

klaviator

Further down the road Johnny took a right turn and waited for everyone.  This is the spot where some of the group missed the turn.

While we were waiting to re-group I rode ahead again to get some pics.

Someone seems to be enjoying the ride!

klaviator

Finally made it to Bell Buckle after all these years ;D

While the rest of us parked in the hot sun Glenn was smart and found a shady spot.

A train went by while we were there.

We split into many small groups to ride home.  Here's the adventure contingent from Cullman area.

Some of us stopped in Lynchburg for Ice Cream!

It was a great day and it's always good to get out for a ride.  My ride wasn't as long as some but it was 231 miles.  I averaged 59 MPG!

Chuck A.

Way back up at the top of the page,,,,,,,,,, Gurley got a Burger King Now?

Wish I had went with you guys. The local group I rode with to the Blue Gill cafĂ© at Tims Ford Lake,,,, lets say 55 mph was the average top speed and main roads when possible. BORING!!  :'(
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

LawnmowerRG

Great ride Johnny. It was a huge ride couldn't believe how many people were there.
I ended up make about 430 miles for the day. Good day to ride . I hope we can do it again soon.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

Guidedawg

Great pics, Klavinator! Thanks for posting.

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

LawnmowerRG

Thanks for running cleanup all day Glenn. You did a great job.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.