Sat Aug 25th : The "I don't know what I'm doing" ride

Started by lastparrot, August 24, 2018, 06:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fencejumper09

Hate I missed it! I haven't ridden out there in a while!

Did y'all come across any blocked off road or interesting characters?
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Joey A

Cahaba
I think Mike, Kirk and myself met you earlier this year at the slab. When we were leaving the slab Saturday we passed a Beta on 10 heading that way. Was that you?
2007 FZ6
2006 Honda 250X - Tagged
2005 KTM 450EXC - Tagged
2024 Husqvarna 701 Enduro

lastparrot

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on August 28, 2018, 08:25:16 PM
Hate I missed it! I haven't ridden out there in a while!

Did y'all come across any blocked off road or interesting characters?
Yeah, the mining and other heavy equipment work blocked a few things

- lastparrot

Cahaba

Ha that was me.  Think I was coming through there pretty good as I made your last rider pause til I went by. 

I had put the Moto wheels on the night before so I was putting on some curvy road asphalt miles while I had a couple hours to get out.   I just swapped to some more 50/50 tires on those rims so I was getting a feel for their grip.  Goal is still have fun on the road but occasionally explore if I find some dirt or a trail I want to check out while further from home.   

When I tried to do that before with the sport tires it didn't go well, but hate to ride too far on asphalt with the dirt wheels and wear the knobs out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lastparrot

Joey A

Fencejumper09

We ride out in the CWMA several times a month. You are welcome to tag along anytime. Most all the roads off Coalmont now have locked gates. Like lastparrot said the mining is changing the landscape. Some areas look drastically different each time we ride out there. Our group did not see any interesting characters Saturday.
2007 FZ6
2006 Honda 250X - Tagged
2005 KTM 450EXC - Tagged

lastparrot

Joey A

2007 FZ6
2006 Honda 250X - Tagged
2005 KTM 450EXC - Tagged

Cahaba

Yes definitely let me know as I try to cram in a little sanity riding when I can outside of all the work/family obligations and live close to that area (Alabaster).  I'm amazed how I continue to find new trails, scenery, and areas about every time I go out there.  I've saved a variety of it on rever so I can keep up with retracing prior rides and also find my way back if I get in pretty deep and turned around.  I found a couple new fun ones on this ride the other month.
https://www.relive.cc/view/rt10000759618

springer

Quote from: Cahaba on August 28, 2018, 09:09:19 PM
Yes definitely let me know as I try to cram in a little sanity riding when I can outside of all the work/family obligations and live close to that area (Alabaster).  I'm amazed how I continue to find new trails, scenery, and areas about every time I go out there.  I've saved a variety of it on rever so I can keep up with retracing prior rides and also find my way back if I get in pretty deep and turned around.  I found a couple new fun ones on this ride the other month.
https://www.relive.cc/view/rt10000759618

Downloaded ReLive to my phone just the other day.  ;) What do you think about it?
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Cahaba

Quote from: springer on August 29, 2018, 05:29:40 AM
Downloaded ReLive to my phone just the other day.  ;) What do you think about it?
I've not used it a lot yet and need to remember to stop and take a few pics along the way so they get embedded into the ride, but it is super easy to let it just run in the background and then you have a nice quick video ride summary. 
Folks that get a chance to let it capture rides around mountains/ridges have some pretty good track videos.  Many of my rides around here I end up having to back trace if I get to the end of a trail or spot I can't go any further.