News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

What’s a good use for old gps

Started by sctparker, August 26, 2018, 08:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sctparker

I have a few old gps units that need a purpose .anyone know of something that can be made from them?  I've been using them on motorcycle trips and if they get wet I throw them away (2 so far) I leave them on the bikes when I park can't even get someone to steal one

2372ighost

Uh.............I think you're do for an intervention!!!!!!!
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

kylepeterson

that's a lot of cussing and jabbing of the screen right there! lol

we should have a clinic day, and use the units that can record tracks/use map overlays to teach the new folks what can be done with tracks, and how to share them with friends!

I can't help at all with the Garmin specific stuff, I've been using my phones for way too long, but I'll be a warm body with tracks to share and enthusiasm!

do it !
just give 'er the berries !

KrisCook

Quote from: sctparker on August 26, 2018, 08:54:41 AM
I have a few old gps units that need a purpose .anyone know of something that can be made from them?  I've been using them on motorcycle trips and if they get wet I throw them away (2 so far) I leave them on the bikes when I park can't even get someone to steal one

I just have to say, that's one of the funniest things I've ever seen.  You're one sick puppy.  You have more old navigators than I have old cell phones.  And that's saying something.  That picture made me laugh out loud. 
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

yamahamer

:D And I've been too cheap to buy even one over the years.  :D

springer

Quote from: yamahamer on August 28, 2018, 05:59:43 AM
:D And I've been too cheap to buy even one over the years.  :D
THAT /\ is me!  ;)

Plus, I think my problem is I would be to dumb to use one.

Heck, I would lay-out a bet of $5.00 I could get lost with one.  :D
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

sctparker

I may have a few more. Most of these were bought because I was lost and wanted to get somewhere before my phone was smart and/or didn't have cell service-and surprisingly enough it doesn't make a difference where they are bought all of them seem to know the route thru crack alley in every city

springer

Well if one in the pile works, I could take it off your hands. Never had one. Been on rides where folks did...it kept us from getting to bad lost.  ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

catang5oh

Sell them at Vintage fest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maydaymike

Sidestand pads?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185