Skyway ride - Sunday: niner / niner @ niner

Started by rmcelroy, September 07, 2018, 03:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

kylepeterson

Quote from: OrangeCrush on September 10, 2018, 08:48:08 AM
Thanks for leading Rob!  I had an absolute blast!  I was logging our ride and captured a GPX file(attached).  Thought it might help others find their way if they are so inclined.

looks like you found a polecat at the parking lot!
just give 'er the berries !

OrangeCrush

LOL, phone in my pocket.  I don't remember walking around that much...

rmcelroy

Quote from: kylepeterson on September 10, 2018, 12:37:10 PM

looks like you found a polecat at the parking lot!

you can also see where I was trying to find a back way to get off of and run parallel with 148, near the beginning of that road, that did not work out well, however, as the road we took led us to a large gate with a large sign that made it clear they didnt want any visitors.  so we turned around and humped it down 148 to 200-1

i believe there are some parallel roads that would work... just not the one i took.  i will try a different one on my next go around.

kylepeterson

Quote from: OrangeCrush on September 10, 2018, 08:48:08 AM
Thanks for leading Rob!  I had an absolute blast!  I was logging our ride and captured a GPX file(attached).  Thought it might help others find their way if they are so inclined.

mmmmm, maps !

thanks for taking the time to post the maps and especially the gpx  !
just give 'er the berries !

Johnny Tobyone

Are the roads/trails marked very well in Talladega forest if you use a forest service map or do you need a GPS?
R1200R
CRF450L

bblass

The main ones are marked in most cases but a GPS and a map are still nice to have.
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

mojo1

Didn't make this ride but here is some views from the section between hwy 148 & hwy 77
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

mojo1

GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

zx3fred

Been there too. Lovely place for photos.
Wish I had know about the niner niner ride. Would have loved to meet other DS riders in the area.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If you are looking for high performance, you need to jack up the gas cap and roll another bike underneath it.

'16 KLR650 - coming soon