News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

First Bike

Started by ktmer, September 27, 2018, 11:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ktmer

Well I am considering selling my bike to upgrade to a bigger newer one. My only fear is selling my first bike that I worked so hard to get. What are thoughts on this? Have most people moved on and never looked back? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Nice Goat

I love them intensely for about six months...
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

springer

Quote from: ktmer on September 27, 2018, 11:13:44 AM
Well I am considering selling my bike to upgrade to a bigger newer one. My only fear is selling my first bike that I worked so hard to get. What are thoughts on this? Have most people moved on and never looked back? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

I never sold my first motorcycle...I wreaked it...totaled it out...kablowee.  ;)

Bought it when I was 13 with money I had earned from cutting grass all summer. Paid $35.00 for it.

It got totaled when I was 15. I let a buddy ride it while I rode my "new to me" motorcycle. Typical car vs motorcycle at intersection type of thing. 

It sat in my parents backyard a few years then my dad let the junk man have it. It was a little Kawi 2smoke sorta like this;

https://goo.gl/images/vXuebL

Oh well,  c'est la vie.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

kylepeterson

Quote from: ktmer on September 27, 2018, 11:13:44 AM

i dunno man, i haven't missed any of them too terribly yet. if you beat on them enough  they'll try to leave on their own!
just give 'er the berries !

lastparrot

Quote from: Nice Goat on September 27, 2018, 11:55:37 AM
I love them intensely for about six months...
Six?...I say the intense part dies at about 3 months with some of us (you).

- lastparrot

ktmer

Thanks for the input. I have a feeling I would miss it but be able to enjoy the new experience as well!

Fencejumper09

Sometimes I think I could sell the 690 then I go down into the garage and throw a leg over her and my fire reignites!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332