News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Another new guy from Montgomery

Started by Scooter, November 15, 2018, 07:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooter

Hello folks. I'll just start by saying I am 64 yrs old. Been riding since a kid, with my first bike in 1963 and not having a day since then that a motorcycle was not in my life. I've owned most all makes and actually most all styles over this period. Had a blast and attempting to continue having fun, even though at a much slower pace now days. Due to health, I can't do long distance anymore, but still capable of 300 miles days on pavement. I currently own a Harley sidecar rig and also a 2006 Triumph Scrambler. Looking forward to meeting some of you!

Respectfully,
Scooter
Scooter

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"

jrobinson

Welcome from N. Alabama.

I usually spend a few days a year in Prattville. Next time I'm down that way, I'll post up a Flash Mob(just a ride to eat event).

We don't care what you ride, just Ride.

Holler if you have any questions.

We like to see pics of your bikes, too. :)

Scooter

Scooter

bblass

Welcome Scooter! That scrambler is a fine looking bike!
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

Scooter

Scooter

KevinB

Welcome to MC-AL...nice looking pair of machines!

Brian A

Welcome! I really, really like the scrambler. 

Seems it would be such a fun bike to ride.

And love the dog pic!

Brian A

and I think you meant to say you are 64 years YOUNG!

klaviator

Welcome from another old guy in Huntsville. 

Scooter

Thanks to you all for the kind words, both in the welcomes and comments about my bikes. However, due to arthritis and now the most recent Diagnosis of lower lumber stenosis, I actually feel old most days. That does not stop the great memories of the past and actually keeps me attempting to add to them. I've ridden a lot of places and seen a lot of stuff in my years of riding and like most even raced a good bit in my younger days. Worked construction and maintenance all my life till retirement, between those jobs and falling off motorcycles, I am now paying for some it. But I say it was time and money well spent and wouldn't trade a pain free life today for all the great times from the past. It's just cost we have to pay to play..

As to the Scrambler, it's truly a blast. Wish is was lighter, but actually a do all motorcycle. It handles dirt roads or logging roads ok, and can blast down the interstate when needed. Growing up in the 60's, from a family of motorcycles riders (both father and grandfather rode) I've had a lot of British bikes. When the new Scramblers came out, I had to have one.. Always wanted a sidecar and back on 2012 started the process. UNEDUCATED in building or driving a rig, it was an adventure for sure. But now have 28k miles on the rig and it also is a lot of fun. Especially when camping. You can take a lot stuff with ya in a sidecar. Actually a lot of other folks stuff too!

Once again, I've had a great life of ridin and wrench' and wouldn't trade the past adventures for anything.. Sorry for the long read......
Scooter

TWJohn

2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

Scooter

The dog is Annie.  She has almost 5k miles in that sidecar. Honestly the best riding companion anyone could ask for. Don't care were we eat, what gas station we stop at or where we sleep. Ground, tent or motel, she never complains. Just wants to be a part of whatever is happening...
Being retired does have it advantages. Having the time to train and teach her has been fun. She is only 2 yrs old, I am in hopes we have many years of riding together left.
Scooter

jrobinson

Don't worry about long reads. Several of us have documented our riding life, these will take a couple days to read. There are ride reports that you can get lost in.

Enjoying the pics and stories.

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Guidedawg

Welcome from another Montgomery rider.  My wife is a guidedog user (hence my name) and her dream is for us to one day have a rig.

I hope to meet on the roads or an event.