Test

Started by TWJohn, December 12, 2018, 03:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TWJohn

2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

springer

A successful  post of a good ol'Mustang Fox body! Wish I still had mine.  :(
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

TWJohn

I have had a couple. This one was a basket case I got running several years ago. They are still some of my favorite cars. Unfortunately as time goes on they are going up in price.
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

springer

Quote from: TWJohn on December 13, 2018, 06:19:26 AM
I have had a couple. This one was a basket case I got running several years ago. They are still some of my favorite cars. Unfortunately as time goes on they are going up in price.

I have had 2, first one a 1969 with a 302 and was extremely "light weight"...do to ALL the rust. Sold it soon after because I quickly found out that I am no body repair man... The 2nd, a 1990 Fox body convertible with the 5.0 engine (302) that I bought in 1991 with 2k something miles...brand new sort of. Did some work on that one. New headers, new exhaust, positive traction rear end, sub-frame connectors, reworked heads, and a lot of engine help from the old Alabama Gang here in Hueytown. (Mostly the Allison's shop) It could get-up and run.  ;)
Unfortunately I was leaving the woman's house that I was dating at the time at around 7:30 in the morning. I was sitting at a red light and when it turned green I followed the car a head of me into the intersection and...that is all I remember. A lady, putting on her eye shadow and late for work ran her red-light and plowed that big old Buick into the driver-side door...and me I found out later. I a-woke in the hospital the next day. Kathy, the lady I was dating, told me what happened.   :o

With the insurance money the next thing I bought was a truck...a 1992 Ford F-150, about 1 year old with 3k miles...and side step bars...heavy duty front and rear bumpers with a front grill.

Protection was the name of the game then.  :D   
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

TWJohn

This is my First vehicle I had and still have it. An 86 F150. It still runs great (302).
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

KevinB

My Mustang ownership wasn't as glamourous. When I got married in 1990, my wife had an '85 notchback with a carbed 2.3L and 3 speed auto...I think top speed was around 70 mph.

In cold weather, it took forever to warm up...if you tried to drive away before it had been running for 20 minutes or so, it would stall. It also had v-belts instead of a serpentine drive, and a smog pump mounted low. If you drove through a puddle when it was raining, the smog pump belt would slip and the engine would die. You'd have to sit on the side of the road until the belt dried and could rotate the pump pulley. No amount of belt tension or repacement would cure it. I worked in a not so great part of town and quickly learned on which streets water pooled when it rained.