News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

New member (kinda) from Tuscaloosa

Started by Boss Gator, December 18, 2018, 07:29:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Gator

Hey guys, I've been on and off for a while but don't think I've ever posted. As the subject line says, I'm in the Tuscaloosa area and am always open to talk, meet up, ride, etc. Definitely an enthusiast and although most of my riding is sport oriented I have an appreciation for and have owned  many styles of bikes. Unfortunately, around T-Town, I don't come across many people that are into motorcycles or at least I haven't seen many. Anyway, please feel free to message me and I look forward to meeting and being part of the community.

Scooter

Welcome from another new guy from Montgomery. Spring will be here soon, which means more outside play time.
Scooter

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"

klaviator

Welcome from Huntsville.  I do several kinds of riding but sport riding on twisty roads is at the top of my list.

springer

Quote from: Boss Gator on December 18, 2018, 07:29:12 AM
Hey guys, I've been on and off for a while but don't think I've ever posted. As the subject line says, I'm in the Tuscaloosa area and am always open to talk, meet up, ride, etc. Definitely an enthusiast and although most of my riding is sport oriented I have an appreciation for and have owned  many styles of bikes. Unfortunately, around T-Town, I don't come across many people that are into motorcycles or at least I haven't seen many. Anyway, please feel free to message me and I look forward to meeting and being part of the community.
I worked down in T-town for many a year at the B.F.Goodrich plant. I have been put out to pasture (retired) so I have plenty of time now. Do not have a sporty type bike anymore but I do pretty decent with this one;

Pretty game to ride at anytime. ;)  There are a ton of good roads between Hueytown (were I am at) and T-town, so when you want to ride, just post up in the rides section.  ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Boss Gator

Quote from: springer on December 18, 2018, 08:27:46 AM
I worked down in T-town for many a year at the B.F.Goodrich plant. I have been put out to pasture (retired) so I have plenty of time now. Do not have a sporty type bike anymore but I do pretty decent with this one;

Pretty game to ride at anytime. ;)  There are a ton of good roads between Hueytown (were I am at) and T-town, so when you want to ride, just post up in the rides section.  ;)

Love the AT! Has been a bike that I've looked at on and off.

Yeah I ride up that way often. I work at UA so we'll be off for the next couple of weeks. Weather permitting, I plan on riding some. Feel free to message me if you'd like to go one day.

jrobinson

Welcome from N.Al.

Holler if you have any questions.

LawnmowerRG

Welcome from South Moody.

Come Join us for the Stage Coach RTE. it's a good way to get some miles is for sure.
https://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?topic=3261.0
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

merc16

Justin

TFancher

Hey there Boss. Welcome to the new and improved MC/AL. I too reside in the Druid City and love to ride. I'm up for a ride so post something and I'll try to make it. I'll be out of town until middle of next week but I might try to make the last ride of the year next weekend. Maybe I'll see you there.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Boss Gator

Quote from: TFancher on December 23, 2018, 11:45:23 AM
Hey there Boss. Welcome to the new and improved MC/AL. I too reside in the Druid City and love to ride. I'm up for a ride so post something and I'll try to make it. I'll be out of town until middle of next week but I might try to make the last ride of the year next weekend. Maybe I'll see you there.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I posted earlier today in the street ride section about trying to do a ride later this week weather permitting. Not sure when you'll be back but Wednesday looks like maybe the best day. If not, I'm open to other days or even the weekend. Just let me know.

merc16

So whatcha' riding these days ?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

renchinrider

Another "Welcome" to you from Huntsville!  I'm a road rider, and get out whenever I can (although Klaviator is the undisputed North Alabama Ride-Meister Extraordinaire!).  I post a lot in the Vintage category, as I'm the activities coordinator/calendar manager for the North Alabama Vintage Motorcycle Club.  If you find out about anything vintage-related going on down your way, please let me know, as we've been trying to find some old bike-loving kindred spirits down your way.

I'll be heading down to Stockton for the Last Ride of the Year, so maybe I'll see you there! ;)
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Boss Gator

Have a few bikes but primarily use a 9T as my street bike, however, I'll occasionally take out the 916. Also have a Panigale and a Daytona as track bikes. However, I may start using the Daytona for both street and track.

Boss Gator

Quote from: renchinrider on December 24, 2018, 07:53:15 AM
Another "Welcome" to you from Huntsville!  I'm a road rider, and get out whenever I can (although Klaviator is the undisputed North Alabama Ride-Meister Extraordinaire!).  I post a lot in the Vintage category, as I'm the activities coordinator/calendar manager for the North Alabama Vintage Motorcycle Club.  If you find out about anything vintage-related going on down your way, please let me know, as we've been trying to find some old bike-loving kindred spirits down your way.

I'll be heading down to Stockton for the Last Ride of the Year, so maybe I'll see you there! ;)

Thanks for the welcome! I definitely love the North AL area. You guys have some great roads! Was just up that way yesterday and wishing I had a GS or Multistrada type bike. Certainly be open to head up that way some time.

As far as down our way, its hard to find many people into bikes at all, let alone vintage ones. On that note, I had a 76 CB750 sport a few years ago with aspirations of building a custom. Never could get around to putting the time into it so I sold it but many days wish I still had it.

merc16

BG , were you in the Montevallo area couple of weeks ago on your 9T ?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin