Merry Christmas & Happy New Year (whats your riding plans?)

Started by polarissalesman, December 22, 2018, 01:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polarissalesman

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.

New years goals.....I hope we all get to to ride more, and have a safe new year. As for me and my wife & riding partner LuAnn we have two rides we are trying to decide on. Colorado and Gettysburg...We will have to see how it goes and which way we travel. Other than that I plan on hosting a monthly "mystery supper ride" this will be the 3rd yr for the MSR. I do this to try to get locals interested in riding in group rides, give riders a chance to meet fellow riders. Usually 10- 15 bikes...I also plan on maybe a ride to Bell Buckle early  in spring.... And the 6th annual "junkyard dog ride" in the fall...

For those that don't know what and how the "mystery supper ride" works... usually KS up at 4:00 on a Saturday we ride a predetermined route (hr ride) to a restaurant I have reservations to, and we never go a normal route, riders have no clue where we are going or where we are going to eat... The riders try to guess where we are going, so far they haven't guessed right.... It's always fun hearing where they thought we were going...

What are your plans for the New Year
"keep the rubber side down"

renchinrider

Looks like I'm gonna adjust my 2019 riding plans to include at least one Mystery Supper Ride! :P  Sounds like fun.  Once we finally got into our house (though it's still not "finished"), I got to do a lot more riding in 2018, and did two 4,000-mile trips--one on the Road King, and one on my '74 Shovel.  I feel really lucky that I could do both trips, since I had really only done one ride in the two years prior. 

In 2019, I want to ride even more, though I haven't chosen the destinations/routes yet.  There's so much to see and do throughout our beautiful Nation that my riding bucket list just keeps growing instead of shrinking! ??? 

Even if I don't cover quite as many miles as might be possible, I want to include visits to old friends, and family, along the way.  Those visits wind up bringing more significance to each ride than the ride itself.

Definitely looking forward to the coming year!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Moto Guzzi

I will continue to ride as much as possible!  No out of state trips planned at present, but that is subject to change.  One thing I do plan on participating in is Alabama's Bicentennial celebration by getting a PastPort and riding to as many locations as possible to get the PastPort stamped.  Each county has several locations where a stamp is available.  More here: http://alabama200.org/

I also want to do some camping off the bike during the year.

And of course a MSR or two. 

merc16

Thanks for bringing the Pastport to my attention MG ! That sounds like a good thing to do on two wheels or four with the fam.
Justin

Guidedawg

Now that my youngest has graduated, I'd like to do more riding.  However, my bigger goal is to prepare the home where I grew up for sale and that will probably consume most of those riding weekends.

Otherwise, my goal is to add one of 3 activities this year:  Either an additional Widows Sons Rally (I always attend Alabama's but there are some in many neighboring states also), The Cherohala Skyway (and surrounding roads), or The Natchez Trace.  Sure, those have been goals previous years also, but there's always hope ;)

I challenge my fellow Bamarid...err..Motorcycle Alabama enthusiasts to contribute to the Historic Places photos I have in the Best Roads and Stops section!

klaviator

My plan is to retire in a few months and ride a LOT more.  I hope to make more local rides and events since i will have more time and work won't be getting in the way. 

I expect to do several out of town rides including one or maybe two trips out west, a couple of trips to Ohio, and a bunch of trips to N. GA, NC and TN.  I'd like to do at least one long trip on my new 150cc scooter. 

I'm thinking of replacing my KLR with something smaller and lighter but I may wait until 2020 to do that.....I'm still trying to decide on that.

renchinrider

Quote from: Moto Guzzi on December 30, 2018, 10:58:09 PM
I will continue to ride as much as possible!  No out of state trips planned at present, but that is subject to change.  One thing I do plan on participating in is Alabama's Bicentennial celebration by getting a PastPort and riding to as many locations as possible to get the PastPort stamped.  Each county has several locations where a stamp is available.  More here: http://alabama200.org/

I also want to do some camping off the bike during the year.

And of course a MSR or two.

Thanks for sharing this, Moto Guzzi!  This is the first time I heard of it, and I'm definitely going to hit as many of the destinations as possible!

I'm also going to share this with the Vintage guys and see if we can make a few day rides out of some of the destinations.

Yeah! :)
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Moto Guzzi

I'd not heard of it either until I saw it mentioned on Advrider a few days ago.  It's been going on since 2017, 2019 is the last year of the Bicentennial celebration.  Wish I had seen it sooner!