News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

High Falls was raging! 12-29-18

Started by klaviator, December 30, 2018, 04:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

After the recent monsoons I figured High falls would be raging so I set up a ride.  I went to the Vintage Club breakfast at the Blue Plate cafe and then hung out a bit until Scooter Rick showed up.  Brandon on his NC700X also showed up0 so we had three to ride on a chilly Saturday morning.  I'm guessing it was low 40s when we took off.  A little before getting to Guntersville I thought about the natural bridge on Cottonville Rd so I made an unplanned side trip.  It was worth the trip.

Riding into Guntersville.

The scooters outnumbered the motorcycles on this ride!

High Falls was raging.

Brandon and Rick.

The normal walkway to the right side of the walls was flooded.

Rick living life on the edge ???

klaviator

After spending some time at the falls it was time for more riding.  Brandon split off at the 227/67 intersection.  Rick and I continued towards Scottsboro.  We stopped to take a few pics.

After lunch in Scottsboro we took back roads to Huntsville.   There was a lot of flooding.  The water in the next two pics is not normally there.

I got home with around 180 miles on the odometer.

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

renchinrider

Quote from: Nice Goat on December 30, 2018, 04:55:40 PM
Nice pics!

Ditto what Goat said...You couldn't have timed your Falls visit any better!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Chuck A.

Love those ride reports. Thanks for sharing.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson