News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

KTM 790 Duke

Started by Boss Gator, January 04, 2019, 04:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Gator

So I'm really starting to like what I'm reading about the 790 Duke. Thing seems like it would be a hoot. Anyone have one yet or just general thoughts?

merc16

I looked at the one Max Motorsports had over the Christmas holidays. Max had already installed the Akrapovic slip on and a small SW Motech tank bag. In my opinion, that's all that bike needed. It really looked good and fit me good. It's definitely a contender to replace my FZ-07.
Justin

Boss Gator

Yeah, I saw the same one today and was also very impressed. Lightweight and very comfortable. Would love to ride one because I think it would be a riot. Good possibility I'll get one but want to wait a while to see if they come out with an "R".

merc16

Justin

Fencejumper09

Well Crap! I was going to buy the one at Max but knowing you two and countless others ave already teabagged her I guess I will wait!

But seriously, I would love to be able to buy one right now!!!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Nice Goat

I'm waiting to see the new 790 Adventure R.  I know its not the same bike the OP asked about, but it shares the same motor.  Should be in showrooms in the next month or so.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

merc16

Justin

Boss Gator

From everything I can tell from reading the reviews, the engine is a peach. Can't imagine that it won't also be great in the 790 Adventure. Also, I think the 790 Adventure will cannibalize the 1090 and probably be the best option for actual "adventure" riding.

klaviator

The latest Rider magazine has a review of this bike.  They liked it.

Boss Gator

So far I've only seen positive reviews. Only criticisms have been suspension and brakes and even those haven't been that bad. Seems like an especially exciting bike for the money. Admiditly, I'm not in the market at the moment for another bike, however, if they come out with an "R" with these upgrades and possibly a little more power, my mind may change... ;)