News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual-Sporting the Free State...April 5-7

Started by Al Goodwin, January 09, 2019, 06:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Al Goodwin

This is a tentative date for now.  Anyone have issues, or other events that conflict with these dates, please, let me know.

I'm doing this earlier this year to try and dodge some of the crowds we encountered last year.

I'm thinking we'll still have the ride based out of Mc Dougle camp instead of the campground at Bushy Lake, we've outgrown that location.

I promise to have detailed maps for everyone, and possibly the ability to split up into 2, or even 3, groups. Trying to keep a group as large as last year's group together is near impossible. I apologize again for route confusion and loosing some of the group....this will not happen again.

McDougle camp is free, there is a restroom/vault toilet, but no showers or fresh water.  Showers are available at Bushy Lake Day Use area, which is a short drive from McDougle.

Melony and I will scout out the camp ahead of time in case some mowing/cleaning needs to be done ahead of the event.

So.....y'all hit me with ideas and how the dates for everyone's schedule.

springer

Quote from: Al Goodwin on January 09, 2019, 06:09:18 PM
McDougle camp is free, there is a restroom/vault toilet, but no showers or fresh water.  Showers are available at Bushy Lake Day Use area, which is a short drive from McDougle.

Melony and I will scout out the camp ahead of time in case some mowing/cleaning needs to be done ahead of the event.

So.....y'all hit me with ideas and how the dates for everyone's schedule.
I am free all the time now so... ;)

Y'all need me to help in getting the area into shape, shoot me a pm. I have free time to fill, a some-what strong back and a very weak mind.  ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Fencejumper09

Looks like I will be heading to N. Georgia the following weekend to follow James around the SM500. I doubt I can get approval for 2 weekends in a row!

But crazier things have happened!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Al Goodwin

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on January 10, 2019, 08:39:31 AM
Looks like I will be heading to N. Georgia the following weekend to follow James around the SM500. I doubt I can get approval for 2 weekends in a row!

But crazier things have happened!

I'll be riding that one as well........and March Moto Madness the week before James ride.....and AFT races the weekend before that.  It's gonna be a busy 4 weeks.

klaviator

Al Goodwin

HEY....I know May is a busy month..but, everyone check May 16-18th....that's my 2ND choice of weekends for this ride.

2372ighost

2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

TWJohn

2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

Al Goodwin

Quote from: TWJohn on January 14, 2019, 08:10:18 AM
I am free every weekend in March.

Our March is full.....American Flag Track race in Georgia the 23rd.....March Moto Madness the 30th.....

Then Free State ride first weekend and in April.....busy 3 weeks.

I think we'll keep the original dates....first weekend in April.

2372ighost

2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

TFancher

Oh yeah. I'll be there. Put up your dogs Winston County!
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

David DoubleEX

April is definitely better for me as those dates in may are when the v strom rally is so I'll be in North Carolina then.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TWJohn

2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

Spicciani2

Dang it.... I'm out... have another event this weekend then Bunny hop DS ride closer to home the next weekend

Al Goodwin

Melony and I will be rolling into McDoogle camp early Friday morning...

I'll have a sign, larger that 8 1/2 X 11, out on the road...the camp is easily missed....

We'll be there Wednesday before the ride making sure all is good at the camp...grass cut, clean restroom, etc....

Bring water, there is none available at McDoogle.  Showers are available at Bushy Lake, just a short drive/ride away.

We'll have the grill setup for "sausage fest" Friday night...bring all the Conecuh and other smoked sausage and we'll throw it on the grill.

Lunch stop Saturday will be at Chef Troy's in Houston, Al.  It's a little out of the way of the route, but it's well worth the time.  Only the best food north of I-10.

We'll have breakfast at camp Saturday morning, biscuits, 5 pounds of bacon, sausage, and maybe some pancakes for everyone attending. Cookout again Saturday night for dinner.....bring whatever y'all would like thrown on the grill.

I'm looking forward to this...and I promise to be better organized and have route sheets for everyone there.  No more loosing half the group.

If we have enough interest, and someone would volunteer to lead a faster group, we can split up, then all come together for lunch.

Thanks to everyone that's planning on being there.....see y'all soon.