News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

New guy from the southern half

Started by LoupGarou, January 18, 2019, 04:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoupGarou

Just west of Mobile, to be precise.
Been lurking a minute, (when I find time for internettin' ) figured it was time to say "Hi y'all."

klaviator

Welcome from Huntsville.  Tell us about your bikes and what kind if riding you like to do. 

LoupGarou

Only bike I have right now is a Kymco Spade 150... I've had a few in my younger days, biggest being an '82 Honda GL500 Silverwing, Identical to the one below... (not mine)

...but I've had a lifelong obsession with small-displacement bikes, and have had more pass through my hands than I can remember.  :D
Then I did like a lot of people do, took 20-some years off to do the family thing.
Last few years I've had the itch again... just as I was about to pull the trigger on a SYM Wolf 150, I saw the Spade about a year ago and had to have it. Glad I did, I really enjoy this bike.

Most of my riding is on country roads around Mobile, while I get my two-wheel legs under me again... As much as I used to ride, it had been over 20 years, and I know better than to consider myself any more than a noob rider.
Lately, I've been thinking it would be nice to have a bit more power, so I don't think I'm done buying bikes.  ;)

klaviator

It's good to have another small displacement fan on the forum.  I have a couple of 150cc Kymcos.  There are also a few other members here with small displacement bikes. 

renchinrider

Here's another shout to ya from Huntsville.  My primary ride is a Road King, but I also have a '74 Harley Shovelhead Super Glide.  I do most of my writings in the "Vintage" category, unless I stumble onto anything that might be of interest to the rest of the forum.  Look forward to meeting you out on the road!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Guidedawg

Welcome from Montgomery.  I grew up in north Mobile County but didn't begin riding motorcycles until moving up here.

Chuck & Susan

Great to see ya joined our little group. Susan and I are across the bay in Baldwin Co. Robertsdale to be more exact. We ride 2 up on a 2016 GoldWing. Please let us know when you want to get out and ride I or we are always looking for a good excuse to get out of chores and ride. Glad to see that our L.A. group added another member

Welcome

Chuck
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

springer

Welcome to the group! BIKE BIKES, small bikes, it doesn't matter...they all get wind in your hair and put a grin on your face.  ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Slablog

Hi Loup. Being a noob myself it's good to see another far south member amongst us. You know, we should ride and meet Chuck at about Spanish Fort sometime. I'm from over in Atmore. Y'all up for a meet-n-greet soon? Somebody name a place and time, and I'll be there.
Visit, listen and comment please
Slablog Podcasts

Chuck & Susan

Quote from: Slablog on January 20, 2019, 01:52:39 PM
Hi Loup. Being a noob myself it's good to see another far south member amongst us. You know, we should ride and meet Chuck at about Spanish Fort sometime. I'm from over in Atmore. Y'all up for a meet-n-greet soon? Somebody name a place and time, and I'll be there.

Ok so I started a planning thread... Go to link to continue this discussion of a Ride / Meet and greet.

http://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?topic=3334.0

It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

TFancher

Welcome from the West side of the State (Tuscaloosa). This group is from all over so any time or any where you want to ride, you can probably find someone to go.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

norton73

Welcome from the northern end of the state. Some day I'll get south of Montgomery.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

mojo1

Welcome from Helena. I was down your way for the Last ride of the year last month.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

wavyspike

ladylikeloser

Welcome from Oneonta!

Hope to catch ya on a ride one day!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk