News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Old Delina Country Stor Ride

Started by klaviator, February 03, 2019, 06:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

Last fall I happened to stop by the Old Delina Country Stor.  Some riders told me it was a great place to eat so I decided then that someday I'd make this a ride destination.  Yesterday was that day.

I posted up a ride in the street rides section, on ADV and the Scoot Happens Facebook site.  Come Saturday morning there were 6 of us at Midway Cycles on an absolutely gorgeous day that seemed more like Spring than February.  According to Google maps it was only a one hour ride to our lunch stop so I came up with a route that was a bit longer and included some nice curvy roads. 

I gave the standard safety brief and included the fact that I didn't know these roads that well, didn't have GPS and therefore we would likely get lost at least once.  Of course, as we all know you are not really lost if you still have gas in the tank.  My KLR has a 6.1 gallon tank so it's real hard to get lost on it ;D

We headed off and sure enough we got lost not once but twice.  I turned that one hour ride into 2 hours or so.  I didn't take hardly any pics of the ride.  Here's the one I got:

Our lunch stop.

While we were taking off our riding gear the owner came out and started talking to us.  He asked if we noticed the sign.  Did you notice the sign?  He later told us the story behind it.

Did I mention it was a gorgeous day?

klaviator

The building was built in 1892 and used for various things before finally becoming the quaint restaurant it is today.  We had a great lunch, not only because of the food but also the company.  I wish I had taken more pictures of the inside but only got a few.

A pic of all six of us:

When I went to pay my bill they told me it was taken care of :)  I still don't know who did that but whoever did it thank you!

Then it was time to ride some more

We headed North then East on TN129.  TN 129 is not as curvy as the more famous US129 but still a nice ride.

As we got into Lynchburg 2 riders headed off.  The rest of us took a break.

The Epitome of moto fashion:

lazeebum

Thanks for sharing. Tennessee 129 is a good ride.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

klaviator

After Lynchburg we rode what I thought were the best roads of the ride.  We ended up taking 65 through Paint Rock Valley. 

I didn't get any pics showing how curvy the roads were but hopefully these next 2 will show the scenery and how nice of a day it was.

At 72 David DoubleEx headed towards Scottsboro and the remaining three of us headed West.  We stopped in Gurley and ended up talking for probably a half hour.  Then it was time to head home.  Shortly before getting home I noticed a spectacular sunset but by the time I found a nice place to stop and take a pic it was merely a nice sunset.

When I got home I had 217 miles on the odometer. 

What a great day!!

Thanks everyone who came along for the ride! 

I plan on doing another ride to the Old Delina Stor again in the future.  Hopefully next time I won't get us lost......but don't count on it ;)

ScooterRick

Looks like another wonderful ride Win. Really sorry I missed it. Hope to go with you next time!
"No more Vespa"

Sweeper

I only noticed we were lost once. It was a much needed day out. Thanks Win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweeper

I just got a pic from one of my VFR buddies in NC. He saw me standing in front of the Stor. Ben just traded a Shiver for a big Strom. It's a small world!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinwater

I thought you were going to V-Strom it, you passed up a log of good gravel roads with the KLR.

klaviator

Quote from: thinwater on February 03, 2019, 08:34:34 AM
I thought you were going to V-Strom it, you passed up a log of good gravel roads with the KLR.

I don't have a V-Strom.  I rode the KLR because I plan on changing the tires before March Moto Madness and figured I might as well wear out the ones on it now. 

I know there is a lot of great riding in the area and plan on spending some time in the future exploring the area more. 

Guidedawg

Besides, there's probably no road, gravel or otherwise, that you wouldn't tackle on your scooter!

For a day with few pics, you posted more than enough to get the feel of it.  It looks like a great day and ride; thanks for posting!

mega1e6

What a great February day, over 70 degrees.
Great day for a ride and a great ride it was.
Thanks Winn.