News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Hey there from, from, AL/TN

Started by rider_marc, February 16, 2019, 12:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rider_marc

No stranger to Alabama and the Huntsville area, and now working in Huntsville. Keeping the house in northern, middle TN for now. Got an apartment south of Huntsville.

Anyway, bringing the Africa  Twin down to keep riding and now explore more of northern AL. See ya folks around!

- Marc

CRF1000L | KLX300SM

Chitza

Welcome rider_marc! Member #600!!
There is much good riding in Alabama, especially in your area. But don't let that stop you from exploring further south, too. Watch the Let's Ride and Planned Ride threads. Join in when you see something interesting.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

klaviator

Welcome from another Huntsville area rider. 

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

rider_marc

Some user names I recognize!  8-)
- Marc

CRF1000L | KLX300SM

springer

Welcome to the site @rider_marc! User-name sounds a bit familiar.  ;)

Those A.T. seem to be a popular bike!

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

KevinB

rider_marc

Thanks!  Yeah, who doesn't like an AT!   ;D

Took mine out west last summer and it did everything I wanted it to do.

Quote from: springer on February 17, 2019, 08:33:30 AM

- Marc

CRF1000L | KLX300SM

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Guidedawg

renchinrider

Welcome from another Huntsville rider, (also named Marc! ???)  I'm a street rider, and vintage enthusiast.

If you ever have a free Saturday morning, come join us at the Blue Plate Cafe II (corner of Byrd Spring Road and S. Memorial Parkway) at 8 am for breakfast.  You'll meet an eclectic group of enthusiasts who ride the full spectrum of bikes!  We'd love to have you.
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

rider_marc

Thanks @renchinrider!  I'm heading back up to TN this Friday and plan to trailer the AT down to the apartment on Saturday. Some deliveries on Sunday. It's been a month since I've been able to ride. The breakfast gathering sounds good.
- Marc

CRF1000L | KLX300SM

thinwater

Hello, I can introduce you to some dual sport scattered near the Al/TN state line.  What kind of riding area do you have more toward your  TN home?

rider_marc

Almost all pavement near the house in TN for about an hour radius. Best riding has been east of Celina all the way to I-75. Can find crumbling, narrow roads to dirt roads. Then, there is Wind Rock. Haven't been to Wind Rock since the days with my WR400F.

Good exploring in this area:

- Marc

CRF1000L | KLX300SM

rider_marc

You still riding the AT?

I'm nearing 17k miles. Have the parts for the 16k service this winter. While the fairings are off, I want to look for space to house a Rostra cruise control. Installed one on the former Concours 14 and so, I have some ideas. If not, I will have to spring for the McCruise. Also, considering the Rally Raid 19/17 inch wheels.

Quote from: springer on February 17, 2019, 08:33:30 AM

- Marc

CRF1000L | KLX300SM