| View Unread
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TomTom 550 ride  (Read 134 times)

Offline thinwater

TomTom 550 ride
« on: March 05, 2019, 08:33:19 AM »
I'm about to go with the TomTom 550 Ride, wanted to go with the Garmin Inreach Explorer + alone real bad.  I don't have a smart phone and don't care for one ???.  The TomTom 550 Ride seems to connect to wifi all on its own without a support device and download / upgrade, have plenty of memory, and talk to my Bluetooth headset and generate a route if need be.  It will even connect to a smart phone I don't want. :o  I don't plan to use a lot of fancy devices and options, therefore Id just rather lots of options I'm not going to use be in my way in the menu selections.  I know other GPS units will do more, I think TomTom 550 ride will do all I want without the clouding of menu options and settings to wade through.  Back road Dual Sport Rider, future TAT is the purpose.

I haven't found a lot of reviews on it so if anyone knows I'm about to mess up and would like to be kind and steer me away please give it a shot to steer me away.  I will not argue, because I don't know enough to.  Otherwise I'll let you know how I like it or not after I get it and have used it awhile.

Online klaviator

• Group Leader
  • Sr. Contributor
Re: TomTom 550 ride
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 04:21:49 PM »