News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Harbor Freight Bike Luggage

Started by KevinB, March 06, 2019, 07:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinB

I've passed by these on the shelf at Harbor Freight and never gave 'em much thought...was in the store again on Sunday and a light bulb went off.

This is their Apache 3800 case, which is a Pelican knock-off. There's also a smaller (2800) and larger (4800) version also. This one seems the perfect size to carry tools/tubes/jacket liner/etc.

Just so happened I got an email coupon from HF the same day...wound up costing $29.99.

https://www.harborfreight.com/3800-weatherproof-protective-case-16-516-in-63927.html

TWJohn

I have had one for a year or so. It has turned out to be a great box. Never leaks.
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

Brian A

Mine is the Seahorse brand. Ordered off Amazon. About the same price as the HF option.
Very convenient and well worth the small amount of time and money invested. Nice place for always having basic tools, flat repair, etc., all safe and secure and dry.

And they have provisions for using a combination or key lock for a little added security.

KevinB

I figured the cool kids had already worked something like this out. I'm a little slow...too many crayons eaten as a kid (Burnt Orange tastes best!). :)

TFancher

I have the 2800 on the toofiddy. Holds enough for a few emergency repairs.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.