News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Wandering around TN Sat 3/16/19

Started by klaviator, March 15, 2019, 05:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

I'm thinking of heading up into TN tomorrow on my KLR and wandering around.  I have no real plan and expect to be lost half of the time.  I expect this to be a mix of bumpy paved roads and dirt/gravel roads.   If anyone is interested in joining me we can set a place and time to meet.

thinwater

I was just planning a route and trying to load it to my new TomTom 550 rider and lost it all :'(, so I checked in here to see what was going on.  My plan was to explore a motocross rd  North of Rogersville that I've been told about but not been to, and then wander North through Goodsprings, Appleton, to another road I've been told about Little Texas Rd Leoma TN.  Both supposed to make the ride a dual sport, I know some others in between if I can find them again along with a few very good photo ops.  I'd be oblidged to follow you wandering or bring you along and wonder discover myth roads.  Let me know what time and where.  I was planning on starting at Sportsman Pk (fishing boat ramp and store) on Elk River Mills Rd and Elk River.

Let me know what your thoughts are I'm not dedicated. :)

Sweeper

Wish I hadn't made plans! I'd be in on y'alls lack of planning. Be safe. I'll try next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klaviator

I was planning on going up to Taft then just wandering around.  I want to learn the roads so I'd probably ride some of the same roads we did last time as well as a bunch we didn't.  I was going to wait until it warmed up a bit so probably won't make it to Taft until around 10:30.

But as I posted, I have no definite plans.  I wouldn't mind riding your route.  I just don't want to get on the road real early.

klaviator

It's still 39 degrees here.  I think I'll probably leave here around 10 which will get me to Taft a little before 11.  Then I'll explore for a few hours and head back home.  I'm not up for a long ride today.

thinwater

I'll plan to see you at Taft 8), I may ride my ride in the afternoon later got the route re made and saved this time.

klaviator

klaviator

We rode around on a mix of paved and some dirt roads.  Many of the paved roads were in bad shape and more suitable for dual sport bikes than street bikes. I didn't take a lot of pics but here's a few:

Lunch was at the Old Delina Stor.

Some cool old cars when we came out after lunch.

Nice Goat

That looks like a cool store!  Hate that I missed it!
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."