News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Happy Birthday, MC-AL!

Started by Nice Goat, March 17, 2019, 10:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nice Goat

The rebranded forum is now 16 months old!  Yay!

Many of us feel that there is no such thing as a "riding season" in Alabama, but the truth is that many people ride less in the winter.  The temps this winter were not too bad, but all of the rain over the last two months certainly has not helped.  With spring knocking on our door, and with the clouds hopefully parting also, people are starting to ride more.

Over the last 16 months, the moderators of your forum have made an effort to create a friendly environment free of the problems of the past.  We have tried to regulate any funkiness in the least obtrusive way and without any heavy-handedness.  Backups and database optimization are both performed on a regular basis to prevent problems and allow easy restoration if something catastrophic were to happen to the forum.  We hope that you like the new forum, and obviously we welcome any constructive feedback.

At this point, we are wondering what can be done to increase participation, rides, events, discussion, etc., to bring this forum to a new level.  We have a lot of great current members, and we have seen several former members return as well.  It should be fairly easy for us to get to the point where there are several events or rides to choose from every week.

Can we get a commitment from everybody to host at least one ride or event this year?  Maybe to post at least one ride report or technical how-to article?  Or if you have other ideas, please feel free to discuss them here.

Thanks for thinking about it, and I hope everybody has a wonderful riding year in 2019!

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

klaviator

Quote from: Nice Goat on March 17, 2019, 10:52:22 PM

Can we get a commitment from everybody to host at least one ride or event this year?  Maybe to post at least one ride report or technical how-to article?  Or if you have other ideas, please feel free to discuss them here.

We currently have 603 members.  If they all did this it would make a huge difference!

Another suggestion.  If you read something you like on the forum, take the time to respond and tell the person who wrote it why you like it......or at least hit the "like" button.

We have some great events coming up in the next few weeks, check them out.  Rides will pick up in the coming weeks, just watch the rides section, either dirt/dual sport or street rides depending on which interests you.  Remember that rides that are more than one day long or involve camping are often listed under events.

Chitza

Thanks, Glenn, for such an encouraging post. I can't wait to see what 2019 shows us!
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Fencejumper09

I look forward to leading several rides this year!!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

springer

I do not mind leading a ride...y'all just have to not mind getting lost.  ;) That is just my normal way of riding...lost.  :D
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

maydaymike

I don't get to ride on the weekends much.  Anyone want to meet me in Jasper some weekday morning and follow me to work?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185

gulfcoaster

Quote from: springer on March 18, 2019, 09:30:47 PM
I do not mind leading a ride...y'all just have to not mind getting lost.  ;) That is just my normal way of riding...lost.  :D

Once I find a house, and I'm able to get my bikes up here I'll tag along with ya.  Oh yeah, need to replace the master cylinder for the rear brake too.  Hard to repair a bike that's 250 miles away.  But I'm going to make it happen!