11 Most Important Motorcycles of All Time?

Started by Chitza, March 19, 2019, 06:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chitza

Shocked. Absolutely dumb struck that my BMW f650CS is not on this list.  ;D

Take a look. Which of these bikes have you owned? Ridden? Hung it's poster on your bedroom wall?
What stories can you tell?

https://riders.motorcyclecruiser.com/the-11-most-important-motorcycles-of-all-time/?utm_medium=ios&c=bd.fb_paginated&utm_campaign=mo_3_11mostimp_us_fb_conv&utm_term=mo_3_11mostimp_us_fb_conv_1865_all_warm_interests_ios&utm_content=mo_3_11mostimp_us_fb_1865_all_nointerests_android_ad2
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

springer

Well...none.  ;) Of the first year motorcycles. I have owned a few on that list. 4 of the CB750's, 1 of the SOHC and 3 of the DOHC's, 1 VFR750. I also own 1 that is not on the list but should be. A Kawasaki KX250. one of the first water-cooled, single shock MX bikes. It was my first NEW motorcycles, not a "New To Me" but bought from a dealer new motorcycles.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

klaviator

I never owned or even rode any of those bikes.  My list of most important bikes would include the bikes that I originally lusted after.

Bikes like this.

And my first dream bike:

And then there was the first dream bike that I actually owned:

bblass

I've got two of the eleven! An excellent list but one could argue the R1, Honda Dream and Sportster should be included instead of a few of their choices.
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

maydaymike

Quote from: Chitza on March 19, 2019, 06:20:49 AM
Shocked. Absolutely dumb struck that my BMW f650CS is not on this list.  ;D

Take a look. Which of these bikes have you owned? Ridden? Hung it's poster on your bedroom wall?
What stories can you tell?

https://riders.motorcyclecruiser.com/the-11-most-important-motorcycles-of-all-time/?utm_medium=ios&c=bd.fb_paginated&utm_campaign=mo_3_11mostimp_us_fb_conv&utm_term=mo_3_11mostimp_us_fb_conv_1865_all_warm_interests_ios&utm_content=mo_3_11mostimp_us_fb_1865_all_nointerests_android_ad2
It did say in the title that it was the most important bikes, not the ugliest! The closest I've come to that list is owning a Bonneville 50 years newer than the one that made the list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185