News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Waffles and wandering 4-27

Started by LawnmowerRG, April 19, 2019, 12:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LawnmowerRG

Hey I've been participating about like a a head with it's chicken cut off. I've been running like the chicken trying to keep up. Anyway I need to do my part and have enjoyed leading these rides.

So next Saturday 4-27.
Meet me at the Waffle House in Moody for breakfast.
Then by 8:30 we will leave out exploring some back roads.
This ride is dictated by time not a route plan.
We will end at the Bike Shop by 10:00 at the latest. That is the time I need to be at the shop for work.

Ride pace will be dictated by who shows up. It will accommodate the slowest rider.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

Fencejumper09

Poop!

We have committed to a community yard sale that day and it is my Anniversary!

Sounds like a fun one!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

LawnmowerRG

springer

Quote from: LawnmowerRG on April 20, 2019, 07:31:35 AM
There will be more.
Yep, that is why it is called weather...no one knows whether it is going to rain or not. :D
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

LawnmowerRG

Quote from: springer on April 20, 2019, 08:28:04 AM
Yep, that is why it is called weather...no one knows whether it is going to rain or not. :D
They say rain now. That means if they are as correct as normal the rain will be moved to Sunday/Monday or completely out of the forecast by then.

Merkur Man

Would that be the Waffle House on the North side of I-20, right next to the Shell station?
I thought there were W.H. on both sides of the Interstate.
If I can get out of working OT, I would like to join you for the ride. I'll be riding my V-Strom.

LawnmowerRG

That would be correct. Between the shell and the union 76 (formerly a marathon, formerly and BP).

Slede

When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

LawnmowerRG

Moody exit.  In front of the Publix.

springer

2140 Moody Pkwy Moody AL 35004 right? ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

LawnmowerRG

LawnmowerRG

Thanks to all the people that showed up! It was a fun ride. Y'all joined me for the first time I have ever been caught by a train at that back roads crossing. I will start planning the next one for a loop in  a different direction. We may run out toward The Springville area next time.

springer

Quote from: LawnmowerRG on April 28, 2019, 11:54:21 AM
Thanks to all the people that showed up! It was a fun ride. Y'all joined me for the first time I have ever been caught by a train at that back roads crossing. I will start planning the next one for a loop in  a different direction. We may run out toward The Springville area next time.

It happens sometime. I would rather be stopped by a train than to "run" into one anyway.  :D