So... the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650...

Started by LoupGarou, April 05, 2019, 12:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoupGarou

...just may be my next bike.  8)
Getting that New Bike Itch again... much as I love my Kymco Spade 150, I really need something with more zip for longer trips... Had a few different ones in mind, then I discovered this:

Ticks all the right boxes for me... looks, riding position, engine size, fuel injection, ABS... reviews look great so far, can't wait to throw a leg over one, see if it feels as good as it looks.
Any thoughts on this one, positive or negative? They're pretty new, so I know info is limited, but whataya think?

klaviator

Looks like a nice bike to me.  It seems that RE has upped their quality control as the Himalayan has gotten good reviews.  I expect this bike will also be reliable unlike some of their older designs.

springer

Shoot....go for it!  ;)

I wouldn't mind having this myself;

https://www.imz-ural.com/

Why? Well I always wanted to "fly a sidecar" around a corner.  :D
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

TWJohn

I really like the new Royal Enfield twins.
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

LoupGarou

Stopped in at Speed City Cycle in Indianapolis yesterday, No 650s yet but he had a few 500s.
Nice, but I'm gonna hold out for the one I want.

norton73

I believe I read somewhere recently that Allsport in Decatur has them.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

springer

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Moto Guzzi

I talked to Dean at Allsport a week or so ago.  They are not expecting the 650 twins until this summer.  I am very interested in one too.  I have a 2001 Bullet 500 Classic and really like it.  The Himalayan (which they have on the floor now) is another contender.

maydaymike

RE had the full range of new twins at the Barber vintage festival last year.  They look pretty good, and seating position is close to my Bonneville.  My understanding is that they've been testing the prototypes in India for the last few years, just like they did before the release of the Himalayan. Hopefully they will have all the bugs worked out of them before they get to the dealers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185

Campbell92

I went to the dealer meeting in Atlanta 2 weeks ago and got to ride both of the new 650s. We did about an hours worth of driving. I do not have a single complaint. The bikes handled just as well if not better than any other similar styled bike (Triumph, Kawasakis new retro bikes, SR400). The bike shifted smooth as silk and had plenty of power. They have added a 6th gear and I was able to run 90 no problem down the interstate in 5th. When it came to the twistys around stone mountain the bike was a blast. Instant torque allows for fast take off and really being able to work the bike through basically anything the road has to offer. The sound of the bike stock is quite but they have teamed up with S&S an have some sweet pipes and accessories available. (rumor is some upgrades to add even more power to the bikes will be available also). I want one bad and we should be seeing our first order arrive here in the next couple of weeks. I have spoken with our marketing rep and we will be receiving a press bike (which can not be sold) so people can see the bike, sit on it, etc. I can officially say I am excited about a bike. I really do think with the popularity and pre-sales we have already made, we will see a new boost in the motorcycle segment!

Moto Guzzi

Quote from: Campbell92 on April 12, 2019, 11:43:25 AM
I went to the dealer meeting in Atlanta 2 weeks ago and got to ride both of the new 650s. We did about an hours worth of driving. I do not have a single complaint. The bikes handled just as well if not better than any other similar styled bike (Triumph, Kawasakis new retro bikes, SR400). The bike shifted smooth as silk and had plenty of power. They have added a 6th gear and I was able to run 90 no problem down the interstate in 5th. When it came to the twistys around stone mountain the bike was a blast. Instant torque allows for fast take off and really being able to work the bike through basically anything the road has to offer. The sound of the bike stock is quite but they have teamed up with S&S an have some sweet pipes and accessories available. (rumor is some upgrades to add even more power to the bikes will be available also). I want one bad and we should be seeing our first order arrive here in the next couple of weeks. I have spoken with our marketing rep and we will be receiving a press bike (which can not be sold) so people can see the bike, sit on it, etc. I can officially say I am excited about a bike. I really do think with the popularity and pre-sales we have already made, we will see a new boost in the motorcycle segment!

Thanks for that report.  Can't wait to see one in person.